I think I may cry.......

Name
Carole
Edit My Images
Yes
I have loaded all my Big Cats shots from today into Lightroom; sorted; indexed etc and now want to take my first shot into PS, but lightroom wont do it!!

As CS2 doesn't support my 40 D, (and therefore won't open my RAW files) any ideas as to what I can do???

I have loaded all my Big Cats shots from today into Lightroom; sorted; indexed etc and now want to take my first shot into PS, but lightroom wont do it!!

As CS2 doesn't support my 40 D, (and therefore won't open my RAW files) any ideas as to what I can do???

How are you trying to take your shot into Lightroom. Have you tried exporting it from Lightroom as a psd,tiff file, jpeg or DNG (Adobe Raw)?

Make sure you are in Library, then click on export, and choose the format you want to export it in.

If you want to export with changes you have already made to the RAW files in Lightroom you will need to export along with sidecar.xmp files. I always do this but can't for the minute remember how I chose to include metada updates.

Remembered now. Go to File, Catologue Settings, Editing, and tick 2nd and third boxes.

How are you trying to take your shot into Lightroom. Have you tried exporting it from Lightroom as a psd,tiff file, jpeg or DNG (Adobe Raw)?

Make sure you are in Library, then click on export, and choose the format you want to export it in.

If you want to export with changes you have already made to the RAW files in Lightroom you will need to export along with sidecar.xmp files. I always do this but can't for the minute remember how I chose to include metada updates.

Remembered now. Go to File, Catologue Settings, Editing, and tick 2nd and third boxes.

Thanks. You've saved me from a nervous breakdown!!!

I have tried the export route and that works. I don't know why this has occurred as I have been happily doing the "edit in CS2" route for ages. I think it may be that my hard drive on the house server is full. Anyway, thanks, 'cos at least I can now get them onto my computer hard drive! I'll have to archive them later.

I don't have CS3...yet. It's still in its box (came yesterday whilst I was out)!

Him Indoors says it's a server issue we have, so I now have my images on the PC hard drive and all is ok.

Off now to sort through them all. :)

See you later!

Thanks. You've saved me from a nervous breakdown!!!

I have tried the export route and that works. I don't know why this has occurred as I have been happily doing the "edit in CS2" route for ages. I think it may be that my hard drive on the house server is full. Anyway, thanks, 'cos at least I can now get them onto my computer hard drive! I'll have to archive them later.

Glad to hear all is well now.(y)

I always export from Lightroom to Photoshop as a TIFF. Universally compatible this way :)

Thanks Marcel. It turned out to be nothing wrong with me, lightroom or CS3.........my hard drive on our server was full and couldn't take any more images. Guy is now in the process of expanding it for me.

Glad it's sorted. I provide tech support to local businesses, and when something goes dead, the first question is "Is it plugged in and switched on". You'd be surprised how many times it isn't. Motto - always look for the simple solution first". Hm - must remember that myself.:bang:

I'm the same too. I do have a cull every now and then, and sometimes get on a 'hard head' and be a bit ruthless about it.

Back