I think I need a new tripod

i had a similar scratt on with the normal befree a while back, turned out the leggs werent secure enough and the head keep loosing off the clamp.

do yourself a favour and buy a decent tripod.

buy cheep buy twice is the old saying.

i had a similar scratt on with the normal befree a while back, turned out the leggs werent secure enough and the head keep loosing off the clamp.

do yourself a favour and buy a decent tripod.

buy cheep buy twice is the old saying.

The original Befree is a totally different tripod to this model, sold for about 25% of the price and wasn't very good

Last edited:
buy for life ... a Feisol Elite with levelling column and a Wimberley Gimbal .. done the cheap and mid range and found it was just not worth it .. get the best and have it for life

buy for life ... a Feisol Elite with levelling column and a Wimberley Gimbal .. done the cheap and mid range and found it was just not worth it .. get the best and have it for life

Feisol, the company with no UK distributor and legs that came unbonded.
Do a search on here for more than one unhappy owner.

Sorry, but you have bought a mid range Taiwan made tripod, have a look at Gitzo or FLM if you want real quality.

Last edited:
hahaa laughable .. mine was made in Germany .. even had a tour of the factory .. i guess people should have got on board with them sooner .. Gitzo are overpriced crap .. may as well get some pvc pipe and tape and make your own

hahaa laughable .. mine was made in Germany .. even had a tour of the factory .. i guess people should have got on board with them sooner .. Gitzo are overpriced crap .. may as well get some pvc pipe and tape and make your own

Whereabouts in Germany was that then?
Go there reasonably often and speak to a few people in photography shops over there about different products.
I know FLM are made in Notzingen and Cullmann started there before they relocated production to China.
Suspect you are talking scheisse after your Gitzo comments

Last edited:

This post SCREAMS of confirmation bias. From the "laugable" to "overpriced crap" and over dramatic exggerations.

I bought it, it MUST be the best, everything else MUST be crap.

Therefore, ZERO credibility.

The tripod might still be excellent but the post has zero credibility the way it is put across.

Last edited:
The original Befree is a totally different tripod to this model, sold for about 25% of the price and wasn't very good

Really? i just had a quick look on amazon uk and the aluminium version is around £140 and the carbon £260

Its still the same tripod and not 25% of the price.

I got the 200PL QR plate and I can mount the Canon now. Took some photos today testing the tripod. Works great :)

Victoria Sandwich cake I made and baked myself. And a random object, a pepper pot.

Victoria Sponge 3 by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Pepper by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Cake looks nice, glad the tripod worked out well in the end.

Back