I Wonder if anyone fancies a studio day?

That, Brian, is one of the weirdest things I've seen in many a long while........ Why do they keep moving location? Are they actually twins or just one girl filmed twice? Why are the harps so massive? What the hell is going on? :runaway:

That, Brian, is one of the weirdest things I've seen in many a long while........ Why do they keep moving location? Are they actually twins or just one girl filmed twice? Why are the harps so massive? What the hell is going on? :runaway:

They are American twins.......and it all started when I said to my son's Dutch partner "I can't think of one Dutch song, do you have an old ballard that is well known around the world like Scarborough fair"
Just for you Andy about one of the best ver I've heard so far:-
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKSbQ5lvlyQ

Last edited:
A good version Brian but as is always the case with American versions they cannot pronounce Scarborough correctly..... it's not Scarborrow.... tsk!!!!

You should have a listen to Martin Carthy's version, after all he did teach Simon and Garfunkel how to play it, they still sing it wrong though. :)

Well I still don't know of a Dutch ballad and when you think Ireland is about 4 million and Holland is 12 million, I can think of at least 4 lovely Irish songs...erm back to photography but wait for your education the first English song that we actually know how it sounded like, was this in about 13th century with billy goat farting and so on (if you can read old English):-
You have all heard this tune as it pops up on TV and esp the film "Wickerman" at the end starring Christopher Lee.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWWEHAswpFI

Last edited:
Well I still don't know of a Dutch ballad and when you think Ireland is about 4 million and Holland is 12 million, I can think of at least 4 lovely Irish songs...erm back to photography but wait for your education the first English song that we actually know how it sounded like, was this in about 13th century with billy goat farting and so on (if you can read old English):-
You have all heard this tune as it pops up on TV and esp the film "Wickerman" at the end starring Christopher Lee.

Richard Thompson does an excellent version of this on his album , A Thousand Years of Popular Music.

would like to think about that , i live 1 hour from center manchester

Good Lord Andy it sounds like a a quick knock up group in an E London Pub :D

Oh Brian... Richard Thompson, founder member of Fairport Convention, one of our greatest living guitarists and songwriters, a flamin' genius.

Oh Brian... Richard Thompson, founder member of Fairport Convention, one of our greatest living guitarists and songwriters, a flamin' genius.

Oh well!..I bet Andrés Segovia couldn't sing either :D

Perhaps we could get him to come to a studio day???

I can't even think of a Dutch ballad? Well not one I would want to remember. Maybe it's a cultural thing as I find most English ones very cheesy as well. Plenty of other Dutch artists though; there is no limit, no no there's no limit :)

I can't even think of a Dutch ballad? Well not one I would want to remember. Maybe it's a cultural thing as I find most English ones very cheesy as well. Plenty of other Dutch artists though; there is no limit, no no there's no limit :)

Huh! Then aren't we lucky to culturally enjoy some lovely music from England, Ireland, Wales and Scotland....while the rest of the world can't...... and cheesy? plenty of lovely English jigs\dancing and marching music that you think come from the US but are copied.

Come to think of it:- There can't be many countries (other than the US recently) that can equal the British Isle for pouring out music and artists for the rest of the world to enjoy (y)

Huh! Then aren't we lucky to culturally enjoy some lovely music from England, Ireland, Wales and Scotland....while the rest of the world can't...... and cheesy? plenty of lovely English jigs\dancing and marching music that you think come from the US but are copied.

Come to think of it:- There can't be many countries (other than the US recently) that can equal the British Isle for pouring out music and artists for the rest of the world to enjoy (y)
You do realise I was specifically responding to Ballads don't you?

You do realise I was specifically responding to Ballads don't you?

h'mm well you said "a cultural thing" well you could class any song today from anywhere in the world as cheesy based on a story of love. jeez the Italians have gone further and produced operas based on two people.

:D
well if you are going to have a model then music makes her feel at ease....if you get a goth girl she would like heavy metal :D

Those twins are just plain freaky. I'd run a mile. .

...forgot to post this for you h'mm another American version with three sisters erm looks like in Irish clothes :D

youtube.com/watch?v=mGfUszwN5x0

:D
well if you are going to have a model then music makes her feel at ease....if you get a goth girl she would like heavy metal :D
Goth and heavy metal are some considerable distance apart.

Goth and heavy metal are some considerable distance apart.

Now that depends, the right Goth lady and me ( into heavy metal), could quite easily become very close:naughty:;):D

Sorry @ChrisR ....It appears that the thread continues to descend into the world of "ballads" :p

Now that depends, the right Goth lady and me ( into heavy metal), could quite easily become very close:naughty:;):D

Sorry @ChrisR ....It appears that the thread continues to descend into the world of "ballads" :p

Well it's your fault talking about women and thought a couple of blondes would get you interested plus the chance of some sexy shots and it all sorta went from there :D

Well it's your fault talking about women

....don't be blaming me, you fueled the "fire", taking Andy's ( very serious :p) thread completely off course and "distressing" poor ChrisR in the process:exit::police::D:D!

H'mm well all knowledge is useful, just think some people down south have proberly looked up where Scarborough is located because of posts. I went there a few years ago and thought they might have a bootsale where the fair once was o_O:D ..I suppose in those days it was a horseandcartsale.:D
Anyway thought people up north and west seemed more "English" than in the London area as in a Scarbourough pub and in the hotel near York the local groups were singing\playing ballards etc and really enjoyed them...the other place was in Devon.
Quite a lot of Irish pubs play their music and been to many..... as my wife is Irish.

Last edited:
H'mm well all knowledge is useful, just think some people down south have proberly looked up where Scarborough is located because of posts. I went there a few years ago and thought they might have a bootsale where the fair once was o_O:D ..I suppose in those days it was a horseandcartsale.:D
Anyway thought people up north and west seemed more "English" than in the London area as in a Scarbourough pub and in the hotel near York the local groups were singing\playing ballards etc and really enjoyed them...the other place was in Devon.
Quite a lot of Irish pubs play their music and been to many..... as my wife is Irish.

should have gone to Whitby - it'd have been crawling with Goths instead of Folkies...much more "my audience" (might even have flogged a few of my wierder still-life shots come to think of it...)

should have gone to Whitby - it'd have been crawling with Goths instead of Folkies...much more "my audience" (might even have flogged a few of my wierder still-life shots come to think of it...)

I think it was Whitby that was on tv recently and the goths bring in income for the shops, B&B etc...it was about the horrendous parking problem and the council has allocated more places to park.

So it's solved, get a goth for a model and you gotta admit they have some h'mm interesting faces and clothes :eek:

So it's solved, get a goth for a model and you gotta admit they have some h'mm interesting faces and clothes :eek:
They'll be up for it .....after all, with the charm that @Andysnap has, he'll have no problem convincing them of possible fame..........................................on Flickr :ROFLMAO:

Back