If you could photograph one person...

Brilliant choice.

Me, a few years ago I'd have said someone like Bob Nudd or Alan Scotthorne but I do that for work now so I reckon it'd have to be either Chris Cornell or Robert Carlyle

Cheers and yes to Chris Cornell or perhaps Eddie Vedder.

Monica Bellucci - one of the most beautiful women on the planet and in her late 40's she is awesome

Wendy a girlfriend from many many years ago. I wish I had of gotten a photo of her, I often think about where and what she is doing now.

Bobby Kennedy

because he was a very fine man and had he become president, I truly believe the world might have been a better place. The following quote from the eulogy given by his brother Ted.

My brother need not be idealized, or enlarged in death beyond what he was in life, to be remembered simply as a good and decent man, who saw wrong and tried to right it, saw suffering and tried to heal it, saw war and tried to stop it.

Those of us who loved him and who take him to his rest today, pray that what he was to us and what he wished for others will some day come to pass for all the world.

As he said many times, in many parts of this nation, to those he touched and who sought to touch him:

"Some men see things as they are and say why.
I dream things that never were and say why not."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiCLi9ddqlM

Last edited:
Freddie Mercury or Oscar Wilde.

Now that would make an interesting photo book.

Tesla and probably queen Elizabeth I just to see whether painters lie.

David Attenborough whilst doing one of his series,why? Do I really need to explain? :LOL:

Stuff photographing DA, I'd just like to spend some time with him!

Helen of Troy would be an interesting subject as would Pandora!

ok im gonna go for

female : helen mirren - saw some shots a few years ago where she looked awesome for her age. would like to capture something like that

male : hugh lawrie - i think he has a strange unpolished look

Mick Jager- interesting face & my Mum also an interesting face but very camera shy

Les (y)

Nikola Tesler. He sounded like a fiendishly complex person, and what he did for us all never gets recognition. Alan Turing is another... I don't think I could decide between the two.

Jimi Hendrix

My choice is going to seem lame in comparison to some but it would be Victoria Beckham for me - She gets such bad press about her weight and her flawless styling that I'd like to see the woman that gets up in the middle of the night to nurse her young daughter back to sleep, the woman who gets breakfast ready at 8am, plays with a ball in the back garden... All the normal stuff that makes her a normal person

and Jonny Rzeznick so I could just listen to him all day

I think it would be Tutankhamun, just to see exactly what it was like to be that important so long ago.

As a few others have said, for me it would have to be my father.

He's been gone for 3 years now and as he hated having his picture taken I only have a handful of pictures. :shake:

Nelson Mandella.

JFK

My first choice would have to be President Obama, simply because he was responsible for my favorite photograph of all time.

P041812PS-0620 by The White House, on Flickr

However, I am very interested with the theme of failures. People like Romney, McCain, Kinnock, Hesseltine, D. Milliband. People who were a stones throw away from being the most powerful people in the world but had to settle for second place - civilian nobodies (politically speaking).

Would also like to get an portrait of Kipling that would be as powerful as any of his poems - he was one of the all time Great Britons, a true inspiration.

Cheers,

Last edited:
It would have been Oliver Reed if he was still with us. Intense.

Otherwise it would have to be either actor Paddy Considine or Clutch frontman Neil Fallon.

Brian Blessed ( whom I have recorded) - now there is someone with a great beard and such intensity in his expression.

Cheers

I'd have a real dilema on thi one. 1 person, 1 shoot...

Either Audrey Hepburn or Marylin Munroe, just because they are both so iconic of a time when photography was so strong.

Or maybe Winston Churchill, because he is still the greatest staesman this country has ever produced.

However, if it was somebody currently living, I would go with somebody like Beckhm, again a great icon and he photographs well.

As for David Attenborough, he was top of the list in a "who would you invite to dinner" poll we had at work recently..

My Bride from last Saturday's Wedding. A complete true natural beauty with an amazing smile, personality and attitude. One of those rare individuals who it's almost impossible to take a bad shot of.

either hayley williams or laura robson, my two biggest celeb crushes.

hayley williams if it was glamour style/portrait shots, but if it was action shots then laura robson without doubt.

both look amazing and hope I get the money and time off work to see them sometime.

For me only one person His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama. Because what he is and what he stands for.

I just wish my kids would let me take photies of them, forget celebrities, dead or alive.

Yes, me too.

Mum passed away in 1971 and it was dads funeral today.

Family...so much more important....Hope you are feeling OK acetone.

I just wish my kids would let me take photies of them, forget celebrities, dead or alive.

Family...so much more important....Hope you are feeling OK acetone.

Thanks for asking, we've had a few weeks knowing it was near, so came to terms with it a little.

Dad got what he wanted, painless and at home so that's a comfort too. He was told only 6 weeks ago he had a brain tumour, and was given 2 to 8 weeks, for dad it took too long, he was ready weeks ago.

Sorry to put a downer on the thread.

Back