Illuminator

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
Yes
Trying a new series, light, lighting or the affects. Not sure how this will go but here's a two to start.

Fuji X100T

6 by L D Middleton, on Flickr

4 by L D Middleton, on Flickr

Last edited:
Thanks Chris, just something to keep me interested whilst my bus journey series stalls.

i think the second works better due to the symetry, but I like the first better, just needs a crop to add some symetry, theres too much black at the top

thanks for the comment, I did a rough and ready upload from camera to phone to Flickr last night at work. I need to get on the computer at home, thinking of a triptych as I took six images. Not a clue how to do that.

The first of the second set is really good with the half cropped light and wood grain. I'm not sure where the road signs fit, they seem more illuminated than illuminator.

<edit> I just looked again and realised that the signs are the back lit type, so fair play </edit>

Last edited:
Hi Chris, thanks for commenting, like I have said not sure if the has mileage or not. Only time will tell.

Something interesting about this. I don't think it's the lighting, or the lights themselves, but rather how we mediate darkness, and whether having these isolated areas of lighting make us safer, or just create these pools of safety..

Thanks David, i agree. We take light for granted, on nights next week so might try gain in colour. No sure if it will have tge ssme affect. I also think the opposite might work, bright and clinical.

I like the playfulness developing in your thread, Lee!"

Keep rocking…

(y)

Aesthetically, I'm preferring the more symmetrical pictures and those with gradation of light and dark.

Hiya Dave, thanks for the comment. I personally like the darker, less prominent ones too. I might try and do mini themes of each, bright, dim etc

The black and white ones seem most successful to me. This latest lot are good.

Number 60 is intriguing.

thanks Dave, a NHS building, I noticed the shadows of the telegraph pole first then couldn't resist a snap.

It's difficult to read. Looks like thick fog. (y)

Back