Non UK I'm off Vegas...Any tips?

Name
Marc
Edit My Images
Yes
So, as the post title says I'm off to Las Vegas, next week to be precise and I'm looking to plan some cool photography shots that really captures this amazing place.
I've been a couple of times before, taken a few snaps and now going back armed with a different set of tools (Fuji X-T1, 18-135mm and a Samyang 12mm)

Has anyone been recently and found any good spots or any could make any suggestions? Or would like to add to the feed their own pics? Feel free!

Here's a couple of not so crappy one's from my last trip!:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/marchowe/27364836616/in/dateposted-public/
Cheers, Marc

Last edited:
Are you hiring a car? If so it's definitely worth taking a half day (or longer) excursion out to the Valley of Fire. I think it took us around 40 minutes to get there. Stunning scenery and can be a refreshing change from the hustle and bustle of the Strip.

Cool! I'm thinking about it, but for a trip to Lake Mead?

Vegas? Cooool!

— that's the desert… don't forget water!
— take a tripod (and water!) as night shootings are awesome,
within the city and in the desert where you keep an eye and
an ear on rattlers and on your water supplies.

Stay safe, don't advertise your gear openly, but most of all enjoy!
Mead and the Dam are a must if not seen before.
Take lots of images.

Thanks! Yes water is definitely a must as it'll be close to 40 degrees!
I'll be taking my manfrotto travel tripod with me but it can be a bit restrictive in the typical tourist area's, for example the Neon Museum seems like a great idea but you can't take more than one lens or a tripod unless you pay lots of money!

Keep your fun money separate from the rest and once the fun money runs out don't dip into the other pot!

non-photography: Ride the Big Shot on top of the Stratosphere at night.

Forget cars and take comfy shoes, it's a big place!

i was still learning how to use the camera back when oi was last there but you need to get creative to make interesting shots, this was my best

Las Vegas-8297
by David Byrne, on Flickr

Back