Imagemunky's Photo52 2011 - week 5 added

Well thought out shot :cool:

I put a graduated filter on the sky and in hindsight the sky looks a little off colour (maybe I got a bit carried away!) The white of the crashing wave looks white though.

Anyway week 1 lesson - Check my white balances!!!

I like this alot, simple yet effective idea. Nice DOF. Maybe you could have brought out a little more detail at the bottom to show a bit more grain in the wood?

Great shot though (y)

A question to NikonSimon, what makes you say WB issues? I ask as a relative novice so would be interested in what in paticular prompted you to mention the white balance?

Cheers

Week 2 - "NEW"

Bit more technical this week using my cheap flash and cheap ebay triggers! not quite as dramatic as what I'd imagined but not bad! I cloned my finger out of the shot just in case you were wondering.

(oh and its says NEW on the can;) )

new smell by image munky, on Flickr

Like your take on "new" and a good shot, For me the only thing I think would have improved it is if you could have cleverly cloned some of the extreme right of the spray out to give it an end instead of just going out of the shot but that could well just be me. Ian

Like this but done properly

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:
funnily the original picture does have an end but it doesn't end in a nice bloom! I also cropped it so the "new" on the can is bigger in the image.

Anyway I'll post the original uncropped tonight!

(nice cloning work Richo!)

I'm going to be boring and repeat what everyone else has said about Wk 2. Great idea.

Loved Week 1 too btw.

great idea - but as with everyone else I agree there should be a bit of blank space after the burst!

I did wonder how it fitted into 'new' until you posted explanation too!!!

Thanks for all the kind comments!:nuts:

The background is just my front room, I take a shot first without the flash to make sure there is no ambient light in the picture i.e. the picture is completely black so from then on only the flash lights the scene.

Anyway here's the variants:

First the uncropped version, don't really like the end of it:

super spray by image munky, on Flickr

and here's the remixed version (using the adjustment brush in lightroom to bring the exposure down on the end of the bloom)

super spray remixed by image munky, on Flickr

Like them so far
love week two, must try something like it myself (although don't have an external flash)
week 3, is this an old shot of yours, or a new one pp'd to look old/classic,
as if so, it's really good pp-ing!

i do like it a lot:)

The photo was taken this week on an old medium format camera (yashica 124g) and i developed the film in my very own kitchen sink!! No pp, well i think i cropped and straigtened a bit.

Wow, that looks cool man! Inspires me to go out and buy an old camera :D

Nice take on the theme... old style it is ..maybe would have moved the subject slightly left or right rule of thirds an all that ;) but good all the same:)

Really like all three photos - i used the monopoly houses on my week one picture too (great minds think alike lol!) but i wasn't as imaginitive as you, thats a great shot. I like the take on the theme for week two and the third shot is really well done, i love the old style of the shot, nice work :)

damn you.
I kept trying to wipe dust off my laptop screen whilst looking at your photo ;)

nice PP

lol there really was no pp!

The scratches are because I got bored waiting for the film to dry and used some kitchen roll! (and thats why there's some white specks!)

Well as making an old style shot's concerned you've done a great job, until I read how you'd done it I was looking at the shot trying to figure how you'd done the dust and scratches, seems impatience can pay off then lol nice one (y)

Like this shot, reminds me of when I did B&W film and developed and printed my stuff.

lol there really was no pp!

The scratches are because I got bored waiting for the film to dry and used some kitchen roll! (and thats why there's some white specks!)

Thats just like me - impatient :LOL:

no 2 is very clever - lovely capture and very imaginative :)

not entirely sure about week 3 - looks like you have a dog hair on your pic :LOL: or at least I thought I'd got one on my screen when I saw it!!! A little too symmetrical for me for this particular pic, and I'd like to see more detail to make it more interesting. Soz :(

Back