Incoming Tide

FFO

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
766122230_xpMBh-O.jpg

Crop above the 2 right orange clouds?

It's nice and reminds me of this..............

edvard_munch_the_scream590%5B1%5D.jpg

Thats a really nice shot. Agree about straighten up the horizon, apart from that looks really good!
Well done :)

Nice shot - did you use an ND filter, if so, what stops and how long was your exposure please.
Thanks
Dave

Milky water does nothing for me im afraid, just looks unreal.

Last edited:
Very impressive! Love the water!

No, just straighten the horizon. Then you have a picture which is good to go.

There is no reference point as they are waves left and right of frame, I'll have another tweek at it and see, cheers.

Maybe a stupid question, but has this been edited?

Not a stupid question at all, yes I've added quite a lot of fill light in lightroom as the I preferred it with light on the rock, all of the editing was done in LR then sharpened in PS. Original on the left.

4281457911_28a3b9292b_o.jpg

It's nice and reminds me of this..............

Never had an image of mine compared to Edward Munch, I can see where your coming from with the flow from the sea.

Nice shot - did you use an ND filter, if so, what stops and how long was your exposure please.
Thanks
Dave

Yes I used a .9GND soft (must save up for a hard) and it was a 2 second exposure.

Milky water does nothing for me im afraid, just looks unreal.

I love slow milky water for me it adds movement, but appreciate it's a marmite thing. :)

Many thanks for your comments

I was just looking through other landscape posts on here. most weren't great, then I got to this. OK it's just the sea and a rock, but the colours are great.. The smoothness of the water has a nice calming feel to it.

Only criticism is the most mentioned one on here, the horizon.

Looks like im in a majority of one! Thank heaven we dont all like the same thing.

I like this shot. I like seeing the striation lines in the water as opposed to the usual misty milky look of a very long exposure.

I'm guessing this was a 1/2 to 1 second shot ?

I like this shot. I like seeing the striation lines in the water as opposed to the usual misty milky look of a very long exposure.

I'm guessing this was a 1/2 to 1 second shot ?

It was 2 seconds, like you say I've some others that have that misty quality to them, which I'm also partial too.

misty/milky/smooth water can be an over-done thing and often applied to the wrong sort of circumstances but here it does fit in with the feeling of the image. I think adding too much fill-light does make a it a bit unreal on the rock given the shadows, perhaps at time of capture a 1 stop soft filter moved just above the rock with a bit extra exposure would have helped..?
I'm also wondering where this might be now :)

misty/milky/smooth water can be an over-done thing and often applied to the wrong sort of circumstances but here it does fit in with the feeling of the image. I think adding too much fill-light does make a it a bit unreal on the rock given the shadows, perhaps at time of capture a 1 stop soft filter moved just above the rock with a bit extra exposure would have helped..?
I'm also wondering where this might be now :)

That's a good idea I might try and replicate that in lightroom.

Cheers.

Back