#7 'Fiat Lux'
#6 Human Powered Vehicle
#5 Sporting Shot
#4 Christmas Shot .
#3 - Power -
#2 Holiday Photograph -
#1 Architectural Icon

Last edited:
Great even the idea I went with has been done. At least not by me as my first two were....

I'd been thinking of suggesting to @TheBigYin that perhaps the out of date Film Challenge Index thread should be unstickied, as it's a long way out of date. Perhaps either that, or update it with this content, Mark?

I'd been thinking of suggesting to @TheBigYin that perhaps the out of date Film Challenge Index thread should be unstickied, as it's a long way out of date. Perhaps either that, or update it with this content, Mark?

to be honest Chris, I've not the time to maintain it properly, never mind bringing it up to date from 2014 through to now, so, it's probably best to just unsticky it and let id disappear. :(

it's probably best to just unsticky it and let id disappear. :(
I’ve got some problems I’d like to unsticky and let disappear.

On a more serious note Mark since you’re obviously busy and as we all know pushed for time and bearing in mind we all like to help round here, is it not possible to reassign ownership of the thread to one of us to keep on top of ?

On a more serious note Mark since you’re obviously busy and as we all know pushed for time and bearing in mind we all like to help round here, is it not possible to reassign ownership of the thread to one of us to keep on top of ?

I've asked the question in the staff room - if the function exists (as id definitely did under the prior forum software) then it's an admin thing rather than a mere-mod option...

So - who's mad enough to volunteer to be keeper of the thread if we CAN do it ???

So - who's mad enough to volunteer to be keeper of the thread if we CAN do it ???

Well no one in their right mind would assign such responsibility to an "idiot", so that's my get out!:D:D

Hmmm, didn't someone write a book about this dilemma?

It can't be done by an idiot but only an idiot would do it.

Love it!

okay folks - we've worked out how to change the "owner" of the thread, just need someone to step up to the plate and we'll hand it to them and re-install the thread back in F&C under their name (it's been moved pro-tem to the staffroom lab while we experimented on it, so don't go looking for it at the moment!)

Asha is quite wrong, I'm not an idiot. I'm a moron who aspires to idiocy.

Taking on this task would help me to achieve that goal.

I therefore put my hat into the ring.

I agree and I should know as I am an imbecile who strives to attain moronicness and cannot see idiocy from this far away. :D

okay folks - we've worked out how to change the "owner" of the thread, just need someone to step up to the plate and we'll hand it to them and re-install the thread back in F&C under their name (it's been moved pro-tem to the staffroom lab while we experimented on it, so don't go looking for it at the moment!)
Asha is quite wrong, I'm not an idiot. I'm a moron who aspires to idiocy.

Taking on this task would help me to achieve that goal.

I therefore put my hat into the ring.
Does that mean that you become the Keeper of the List?

screenshot-www.talkphotography.co.uk-2018.10.02-12-58-39.png

I suppose so. I'm not really sure until they've completed their experiments.

you've got the keys for the film challenges thread now Simon :) - it's back as being stickied, and the first couple of posts that used to be mine are now in your name...

Last edited:
If not, TBY will batter YOU into shape! :bat::runaway::D

nope - i know how much effort it takes to sort that thread, and how I couldn't keep up to it in a sensible way - so if anyone takes it on, i'm happy for them to do what they can with it... and if it doesn't work out, maye someone else can volunteer for a while, further down the line, now we've worked out how to change ownership.

Has "The Film Challenge" died / morphed into FPOTY? I've gone back to May this year but can see no sign of it.

If so, can it be expunged from the challenge lists?

That would leave just the Old Film Challenge.

Has "The Film Challenge" died / morphed into FPOTY? I've gone back to May this year but can see no sign of it.

If so, can it be expunged from the challenge lists?

That would leave just the Old Film Challenge.

Yes to your first question... See comment in the other thread, which maybe was unwise of me.

Thanks Chris

If it's dead, shouldn't we bury it? Is there any point in keeping it later in the thread?

Thanks Chris

If it's dead, shouldn't we bury it? Is there any point in keeping it later in the thread?

The only reason for keeping it, IMHO is as an insurance policy in case the FPOTY doesn't carry on at one point. This is the second year, thanks to @Carl Hall, but there's as yet been no discussion about who might take it on next year (although I suspect there will be some discussion next week in Scotland...)...

I think the the film challenges basically became more structured and turned into what is now FPOTY, so it's no longer really a thing. It would be good to keep a list of previous themes from the film challenges though, so we can see what has been done before when we're picking future themes im FPOTY or NOFC.

Back