Inspiration needed

Name
Julian
Edit My Images
Yes
Had my Canon 400d for a few months now but am struggling with inspiration.

Any suggestions please. I live in Northampton and work at the 2 Museums that we have. So you would think that being surrounded by such Beautiful objects would be easy. But it's not.

Please help ???????:crying::crying:

It's rather a difficult thing and it can only usually come front within. Take some time off perhaps?

Spend some time looking through the pictures on here and have a look at peoples flickr pages. If you see something that you like try and replicate it.

Thank's for the advice.:)

Most of my inspiration does come from Flickr. Some cracking pics on there.
I don't want to fall into the trap of thinking I have to buy heaps of expensive equipment to shoot great shots. Really want to get to grips with the basics.

Running before walking i think is the correct term.

What do you like to shoot?
Where do you like to shoot?
What interests do you have?

Im not sure if you could get access but the Carlsberg Brewery might be really ugly but I reckon you could get some nice shots of it, even if from a distance.

I can relate to your problem. I too sometimes have problems but have found a way round it. I am lucky enough to be in a position to take my camera to work with me and working outside offers me loads of opportunities. The constant use of the camera allows me to experiment and slowly, very slowy, learn the very basics. As a huge motorsport fan, and if I lived in Northampton, I know where I would be on a regular basis, and a great way to experiment with exposure, shutter speed and panning techniques.

Stick with it, it will suddenly come to you just what it is you love about taking pictures. (y)

Back