Instagram - share your user name

I've managed to get over 300 followers :) Maybe a few from here will take me towards 350 :)

koolphotos.kl

Being a complete newbie at this I thought maybe that Instagram was a good place to start? From reading back through the thread it seems to get a mixed response. Am I missing something?

Being a complete newbie at this I thought maybe that Instagram was a good place to start? From reading back through the thread it seems to get a mixed response. Am I missing something?
I'm really enjoying it, think it just depends on how much you like/hate social media. The tagging makes it by far the best integrated (free) set of images I've seen, really easy to find great images there...but it's very popular with a lot of people that don't give a toss about image quality so there's an absolute mountain of dross there too! Handily you just only follow people posting stuff you like and voila, constant stream of decent images for inspiration.

I have found many really good pictures I'd never have seen otherwise, so enjoying it and hope to see many more from folks on here too.

Last edited:
Mine is mainly shots of me completely nude and doing my 'unique' helicopter impression.....or it maybe a collection of photos (some bad, some hopefully ok) from various walks, wild camps & meanderings, you decide... thelittlesthobo74.

I'm not sure why some people are aghast at the thought of Instagram. I used it initially as something to document places I was visiting, and if someone liked it or left a comment then that was great. Through it, I started to follow people who took amazing photos and who opened my eyes at the various techniques and styles they used. This drew me in to wanting to learn more about photography and to try and take better photos...That can't be a bad thing can it?

Back