Instagram - share your user name

https://www.instagram.com/redrobinpix/

I quite enjoy Instagram and also Facebook (I detest Twitter). All my images posted on Instagram are originally shot RAW on a Canon EOS system and I crop them square (just for Instagram) which is quite a nice discipline and forces me to try out different compositions.

I find that other people's work on Instagram can be inspirational. I haven't been using it for long.

Ok, best settings to export from LR to IG ? It's clear that IG compresses the hell out of things so my sharp photos look poop when I upload...

Heeeeeyy-llpp please :thinking:

Can you get onto instagram from the computer? I thought it was only for mobile phoones - and as I only know how to do texts and phone calls from my mobile I don't have a clue how any of this works.

Where or who can I go to to be taught how to use all this stuff please?

Well, you found a thread where that same question's been asked three times already, and with a few hundred links to the site. Should be as good a place as any to get across the basics of it.

Perhaps - if you were someone who knew what a link was and how it would benefit.

PLEASE do not think that everyone in this world knows all about computer stuff, and even less about mobile phone stuff. I have never seen an ipad used, I have seen people walking around with them, fixated on them, but I have never been shown one or how it works. The same with these very fancy, hi-tech mobile phones, they are so complicated I know nothing abou them or how to use one. So your comment was less than helpful - perhaps if you had elaborated a little on what to do with a link and how to find the instructions on how to use instagram it would have taken no longer of your time, but been far less condescending and far more helpful.

I also need someone to show me how to use anything but the most basic of computer access - I have lost access to my fishing forum because it changed and now I cannot get into it at all.

Back