iPad Pro 12.9

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
I currently have a iPad Air 2 which is aging on.

I did though about getting a new iPad at £399 but it be the same what I got now won’t it?

Then there the pro 2 sizes the 12.9 looks nice but not sure if it worth it money.

Any you guys got one and any comments pls [emoji1303]

I’ve still got the iPad Air 2 and it’s fine. Mostly used for watching sky in bed, and using the News app. Occasional messaging as well, if the iPhone and Mac are out of reach. Save your money for now. I think the iPad Air will still be good for another year or so before it dramatically slows down

I'm still using an iPad 4. It's not too bad as long as I remember to wind up the mainspring from time to time.

I currently have a iPad Air 2 which is aging on.

I got the same, and I wish we could be aging so well too!

There are only two uses I make of it:
  • it presents my portfolio splendidly to the clients and
  • it is my "control it all" in studio — mainly for table top
    work. Profoto Flashes and camera are at my disposal
    from right beside the subject and, through Wifi, an ins-
    tant picsure of the last shot.
Still performs beautifully… aging quite well, thank you! :cool:

I’ve got the iPad pro 9.7. Pretty much the same spec as the 12.9. Faster processor, more storage options,True Tone (which does make a difference) better sound (4speakers that do give much improved tone) Apple Pencil which is quite neat and a bigger camera (for those “I want to look a d******d” moments.....

I have the 12.9 pro and love it for editing. I probably do about 90% of my workflow on the iPad only using my computer for heady processing, final colour correction (minimal) and cloning although this is much easier on the ipad using software to mirror the pc screen and pencil. It also means I can start the process whilst I am on holiday rather sorting through hundreds of photos when I get back home

I have the 12.9 pro and love it for editing. I probably do about 90% of my workflow on the iPad only using my computer for heady processing, final colour correction (minimal) and cloning although this is much easier on the ipad using software to mirror the pc screen and pencil. It also means I can start the process whilst I am on holiday rather sorting through hundreds of photos when I get back home

What software you use pls and do you store photos on a external?

What software you use pls and do you store photos on a external?

Most of the processing is done using Lightroom on the iPad this syncs with my Mac (which is where the raw files are stored), I’m starting to have a play with Affinity for iPad for heavier processing using layers, but in the main the meaty processing is done on PS (on iMac). My main workflow if I’m at home consists of Import photos to the Mac and put in a Temp Collection which is synced with the cloud, I then edit on the iPad. If I’m on holiday I import the photos to the Photo Reel on the iPad, I then import to LR, once I’m back home and have checked that they have downloaded to the iMac, I delete them from the iPad freeing up the space again.

So if you import on your iPad it goes to the cloud when home does it goes onto your Hard drive but stays on the cloud too I never understood how this works.

So if you import on your iPad it goes to the cloud when home does it goes onto your Hard drive but stays on the cloud too I never understood how this works.
I think it depends which subscription you have, with the original subscription model, it retains a smart preview in the cloud and the full size on the home pc. With the newer App based model, the full size is stored in the cloud

If you have iCloud back up turned on (and the photos toggle selected), then the photos are automatically uploaded to cloud and therefore accessible to all of your iOS devices.

If you have iCloud back up turned on (and the photos toggle selected), then the photos are automatically uploaded to cloud and therefore accessible to all of your iOS devices.

Surely this would take space up. I’ve the 20gb storage.

No I mean when cloud get full

Are you saying... We can't upload to the cloud from the iPad when away after importing then when home get them down to the desktop and just leave the smart preview on the cloud?

50gb is 79p a month

I know but do we need to... Cant we use it when away then take the hard raw off when we arrive home when we know it on the HD at home then leave smart review that can be edited on the cloud? Do you use it pal

I don't use an iPad for editing..yet. I have an aging laptop which crashes, runs out of storage etc and needs replacing but I have other financial priorities at the moment

I don't use an iPad for editing..yet. I have an aging laptop which crashes, runs out of storage etc and needs replacing but I have other financial priorities at the moment

Woud you get a iPad for editing? I keep wanting one for light work when on holiday even though I don't really need one with having a iMac and a MBP

Are you saying... We can't upload to the cloud from the iPad when away after importing then when home get them down to the desktop and just leave the smart preview on the cloud?
I think Ricardo was talking about the Apple iCloud rather than the Adobe Cloud. If you have the LR Classic CC subscription then that is exactly how it works, Copy to iPad, import to LR CC for iPad. The raw gets uploaded to the cloud (providing you have internet). If you have left your computer turned on at home with LR open , the files download automatically to a pre-determined folder. In theory once youve imported into LR on the iPad you can delete them from your Photo Reel. Also once they have uploaded you can free up more space by clearing the cache in LR Mobile

You can upload whatever you want to iCloud as long as you have enough available space in your iCloud. I'm not really understanding where the confusion is.

I do similar to Chris but on my Fuji I shoot jpeg a lot because they are really that good.
I have the cloud based LR subscription and I have to say it works very well. My other passion is we have a classic river cruiser up on the River Ouse I take my camera of course.
When on the boat using 02 cellular service I upload images transferred to the iPad edit them in LR and let it upload.
Once home they are on my Imac - very nice!

I do similar to Chris but on my Fuji I shoot jpeg a lot because they are really that good.
I have the cloud based LR subscription and I have to say it works very well. My other passion is we have a classic river cruiser up on the River Ouse I take my camera of course.
When on the boat using 02 cellular service I upload images transferred to the iPad edit them in LR and let it upload.
Once home they are on my Imac - very nice!

Sounds good which Fuji

I'm not going to comment on the editing or storage as I haven't used either too much BUT I have a 5 year old standard iPad that is brilliant and used every day but my mother in law has a 12 month old 12.9 inch iPad and it is stunning.

When I send her my pictures they look superb.

When mine packs in (or when funds permit) I will be purchasing one for myself and will be looking at doing more editing on it.

Most of the processing is done using Lightroom on the iPad this syncs with my Mac (which is where the raw files are stored), I’m starting to have a play with Affinity for iPad for heavier processing using layers, but in the main the meaty processing is done on PS (on iMac). My main workflow if I’m at home consists of Import photos to the Mac and put in a Temp Collection which is synced with the cloud, I then edit on the iPad. If I’m on holiday I import the photos to the Photo Reel on the iPad, I then import to LR, once I’m back home and have checked that they have downloaded to the iMac, I delete them from the iPad freeing up the space again.
Hi Chris, this sounds ideal. I would love to be able to sort then edit on my iPad but the 20GB cloud limit seems like it would potentially be limiting when there could be up to 64GB coming off the camera. With the temp collection can you sync it with the image folder so any edits or deleted files are duplicated in that image folder?

Hi Chris, this sounds ideal. I would love to be able to sort then edit on my iPad but the 20GB cloud limit seems like it would potentially be limiting when there could be up to 64GB coming off the camera. With the temp collection can you sync it with the image folder so any edits or deleted files are duplicated in that image folder?

As you have 20GB I am guessing you have the Classic subscription in which case your photos don’t count to the 20GB limit. I’m not 100% how it works, but my understanding is once it gains access to your desktop, it downloads the full size file to the computer and leaves the lower res smart previews in the cloud. The cloud ISNT a backup solution. Ive just checked the Adobe Assets section and it is empty (as it always is). Any data stored in the cloud that counts to your quota would show in there

Back