iPhone 4 - UPDATE: Signal Issues

That makes no sense, looking at the price tarriff for everyday joe blogs apart from the base tarif it's the same price for an 18 or 24 month tarriff ?

It's about what I was expecting to be honest... Certainly nothing out of the ordinary for O2.

I've not bothered with an iPhone since they came out but this time I think I'm going to bite the bullet. I really like my iPod Touch so I guess it's about time I got the iPhone and then my daughter can have my Touch. :)

Si

Just had an email from o2 - looks like they will be doing upgrades only until july then will sell to new customers to o2.

And no upgrades online until end of July ish. Have to buy in store :(

Or if with business you can contact business team :)

Last edited:
Fingers crossed, Windsor. My contract is up on 29th and I'll need to pop into a store if not.

Im in Dundee all next week, so hope I dont have to go find a store there on 24th :)

Just rung o2 to get my PAC code, was hoping they would give me a great deal but when I said I would probably move to orange they just gave me the code. Gutted.

Thats odd....thought they never call your bluff. Never have with me yet, and I've been a right PITA to them! :LOL:

So what happened to iOS4 being available for download for 3GS, 3G's and Touch's from today?

DB

Whoops - just noticed it's the 21st, not the 19th. Bit premature!

DB

I don't agree with all the complaints about price. Last year I bought the 32Gb 3GS after 12months of my contract. It cost me £270 but I sold my old 16Gb 3G for £330! I also bought two 16Gb 3GS' for £170 each and sold two 8Gb 3Gs for £300 each!

I hope/imagine the situation will be very similar this year. As far as the new tariff goes, I spoke to O2 business a few days ago and they said I will remain on my current tariff. Obviously they will change the data caps the same as everyone else I expect, although from the website it looks like we'll get unlimited until october.

500Mb or 750Mb does seem stingy, but I have only used 365Mb in the last six weeks and I am a heavy user.

Last edited:
Just rung o2 to get my PAC code, was hoping they would give me a great deal but when I said I would probably move to orange they just gave me the code. Gutted.

i had 5 mobiles with 02 and threatened to leave them when i had a few problems, they didn't really try and stop me until it was too late
i know have four mobiles on orange and one on 02 and that is only because 02 were the only network at the time doing the iphone
strange way to do buisness if youa ask me and i have been with them since they were cellnet

Next Friday, I will be the proud owner of......iPhone 3G 8Gb. YES I KNOW!!! Still its a great phone!! :D

Thats odd....thought they never call your bluff. Never have with me yet, and I've been a right PITA to them! :LOL:

They really don't seem to care recently. I've done that a few times over the years and got some great deals. Rung up the other day enquiring about getting a Desire and they offered me £35 a month and around £200 for the phone, then gave me my PAC code as I can get it much cheaper elsewhere...

If anyone is looking to update their iPhone to iOS4 then it's now available to download via iTunes.

Just finished my download and now installing.

DB

ios40.jpg

Downloading now. News leaked quick, 2hrs to download. :(

i am downloading it now
bet it crashes

Downloaded quickly for me - under 10 mins!

9 mins left :p

nearly done just backing up left

First appearances are good - going to have a play and see what I think!

DB

I got bored waiting for it to download (after half an hour it still said 2hrs left). Closed iTunes, reloaded it and the whole thing downloaded in about 90 seconds.

Installing now.

All done............. looks good here....... will play about with it tonight to try and see some of the new extra bits

Unified inbox is sweet too when I'm out and about. Can push work and home emails. Happy days.

blimey thats taken me ages to tidy up all my folders

One issue I've had is voice activated dialling - used to be very good (rarely misunderstood) but now it's rubbish. Tried to 'Call Home' about 8 times tonight and every time it gave me a different number!

While everyone else was busy trying to keep up with iPhone, iPhone 4 has two cameras: One on the front, which focuses on you. And one on the back, which focuses on everything else. The battery life on the iPhone 4 has been outstanding thus far, exceeding our expectations for longevity during testing.

While everyone else was busy trying to keep up with iPhone, iPhone 4 has two cameras: One on the front, which focuses on you. And one on the back, which focuses on everything else. The battery life on the iPhone 4 has been outstanding thus far, exceeding our expectations for longevity during testing.

Sorry but... Eh?

Oh and most phones have front facing cameras. :)

EDIT: reading the rest of your posts I presume you are spamming.

Last edited:
Just looked at Tesco, they have some good deals... anyone know how good their network is, assume it will be a tmobile/orange piggy back. Also, they say wifi includes BT openzone, so if I am anywhere and there is BT Openzone I can hook up free, like i do with cloud on o2?

I seen the line in at the local 02 shop near my work, theres a bout 40 people outside it, guess I wont manage to get one at lunch time :(.

Back