iPhone 4 - UPDATE: Signal Issues

Popped in at 7am on my way to work. The store opening at 8am was turning people away as there were more people in the queue than they had units, and the other store already had about 50 people outside :(

Not sure why I'm bothering as I'm certain they'll have sold out, but I'm going to my local O2 store in an hour.

I got to o2 in Cambridge around 840am and told it would be an hour wait. 40 mins later I estimated it would probably be another 45mins to an hour, so walked round to Vodafone, no queue so got mine there. Just waiting to activate it now.

Who wants to drop a flipping iPhone like that!!1 Muppets!!! No phone is going to ilke that!!! :shocked:

Who wants to drop a flipping iPhone like that!!1 Muppets!!! No phone is going to ilke that!!! :shocked:

Nobody wants to drop their phones, but it happens. I have dropped my hero twice from a height like that, still going (as are all my older phones...)

Mine was delivered 10.30am via TNT!

Will NOT join my home wifi network! But the folder thing is great!

Screen is much better also

Wasn't going to join the massive queues for O2 or Apple stores so walked into Orange and literally got the last handset, thanks to someone who pre-ordered not wanting it. Wasn't happy when I called O2 to cancel and get my PAC code though who informed me I could have had one delivered today as I'm on a Simplicity tariff. I wasn't told that the other day, I was told I had to do it in store. Could have saved me a lot of hassle.

Nobody wants to drop their phones, but it happens. I have dropped my hero twice from a height like that, still going (as are all my older phones...)

Best thing you can do is not get one. Having read many of your posts on different subjects I'd give coming into Apple related threads a second thought as well if I were you.

3 pricing looks great! No phones though. Found one in stock local, they said all o2 comms gone silly. Girl in shop there 90 mins, and advising 3 hour wait now to get it through o2 system and live.

I want a phone, but 3 hours! I think I can live without!

Whatever you do, don't sign up to a contract with 3. You will regret it, no matter how cheap them seem.

I never had any issues with 3 when I was with them, other than the odd call to CS.

reception problems look like a major dropping of *******

Got mine from Phones 4 U, they had two 32gb's so two of us jumped out of the o2 queue at 8.30 (o2 was only opening at 9) and went and got them from there. Sounded like a t good idea at the time, the downside was when they finally managed to ring though to sort it out we we on hold for 90 mins, a mate who was about 10 being me in the o2 queue got sorted out before.

Currently still restoring from backup and waiting to activate.

Whatever you do, don't sign up to a contract with 3. You will regret it, no matter how cheap them seem.

3 have a much better network than the likes of O2. Granted their Indian call centres are a pain in the balls, but I've never had a problem that required me to call em.

ok, so three are the cheapest and have the best network BUT who wants to be tied down for 30 Months :O ?!!

mines still sitting in the apple store
dont think i will bother yet seeing as there are a few issues with the signal and screens

3 have a much better network than the likes of O2. Granted their Indian call centres are a pain in the balls, but I've never had a problem that required me to call em.

No but woe betide anyone that does! If you never have a problem you would never know how bad they really are because the network is actually quite good.

Not in the slightest. An observation. You constantly point out the shortcomings of Apple products yet you persist in reading and posting in threads about them. :shrug:

I only want to make people aware of the shortcomings, as I have said in the other threads, I really like Apple design. But if I bought a phone, which, when I picked it up, lost 4 bars of signal- I would like to know about it first, personally. Looking at your last few posts- all you seem to do it say how great it is.

I only want to make people aware of the shortcomings, as I have said in the other threads, I really like Apple design. But if I bought a phone, which, when I picked it up, lost 4 bars of signal- I would like to know about it first, personally. Looking at your last few posts- all you seem to do it say how great it is.

There are shortcomings but in my opinion their comings are not as short as anyone elses.

I bought the new iPhone this morning (for £29 - my work pay my tariff and unlimited mins is their preference) and my signal doesn't drop no matter how I hold it.

Also, I've decided not to repeatedly drop it on to concrete so it should be ok on that front too.

There are shortcomings but in my opinion their comings are not as short as anyone elses.

I bought the new iPhone this morning (for £29 - my work pay my tariff and unlimited mins is their preference) and my signal doesn't drop no matter how I hold it.

Also, I've decided not to repeatedly drop it on to concrete so it should be ok on that front too.

and that is your opinion, does it make my opinion not valid? I think its just as valid as yours. Going to leave it there now- kthxbyenow

I got mine at 8am this morning. I unpacked it at lunch and am waiting for Vodafone to activate it.

and that is your opinion, does it make my opinion not valid? I think its just as valid as yours. Going to leave it there now- kthxbyenow

I generally consider the opinion of those that have either owned or had extensive use of a product (any, not just Apple) more valid than those that haven't but that might just be me!

i gave in
i couldnt leave the poor thing in the apple store all on its own so i brought it home with me to sit with my 3gs

I've got mine, but still waiting for O2 to swap my sim, anyone would think there are thousands of people trying to do the same thing...

mine has activated
only got it a couple of hours ago
i have read a thread on the 02 forum where people are taking the sim out and putting it back in and then it is activating

I went to the store this afternoon, saw the queue for reservations and left. Phoned O2 and they said they can get one to me next week!

Just a heads up!

O2 business retention (10+) have some limited stock available this afternoon....

99% of stores are out.

Back