iPhone 5S/C and iOS7

I'm currently using a Galaxy S3, I can't wait to upgrade. I'm going to wait for the iPhone 6 or whatever they call it.

Has anyone had problems with mobile data since upgrading to ios 7.1, on an iPhone 4? Although it's fixed most of the other problems I had, since 7.1 I'm almost unable to use mobile data at all. Most of the time the 3G/edge icon doesn't even appear, sometimes a reboot sorts it but most of the time it doesn't and now I'm left with no data on the move.

Are you with EE? Their entire network fell over the other day so it could just be issues with the network themselves. A network reset is worth trying if you haven't. It does delete the wifi passwords though which can be inconvenient.

Not noticed mobile data being an issue but wifi is. It doesn't stay connected to the home one while its asleep. 3G logo is always displayed til it's been awake for a few seconds and reconnected. Ipad battery life seems extended again so 19 hours a charge is easy along with several days standby. Originally it would manage about 14 and its got better with most updates. Beats me why iPhone battery life never improves!

I am with EE actually so that's comforting. It was not so bad the other day but noticed it today in the train. Lost signal, signal then came back but 3G/data didn't. Rebooted, nothing. Didn't even come back when I was in the house, reboot again and it finally came back. Seems that it's fine until you lose signal, when signal re establishes itself you get cellular (calls/text) but not any data until rebooting, and even then it's sporadic. Not a signal issue and toggling data on off doesn't do squat. Real shame as aside from this every thing is (mostly) peachy. Almost as quick as it was on ios 6 which I can't complain about.

Edit will try network reset. Don't mind losing passwords if it fixes it. Oh and spoke too soon about speeds, it's on a go slow again. Head >>> wall.

Last edited:
The update itself went smoothly, but 7.1.2 seems to have stopped me using my 3rd party Lightning USB cables. Previously I would get a warning, but they would still charge my 5S; now, warning then nada.

My non genuine leads are still working, including an eBay cheapie I use in the car.

Back