iPhone 5S/C and iOS7

Thanks everyone for you help
Dave it's still not working for me so maybe I need to revisit Suz recommendation so could you help me through changing from pass code to fingerprint please
Ya
Dave

Thanks Suz will take a look
Just tried turning Passcode off but when I slide to unlock it takes me straight into the home pages which is not what I want
Dave

Thanks everyone for you help
Dave it's still not working for me so maybe I need to revisit Suz recommendation so could you help me through changing from pass code to fingerprint please
Ya
Dave

Have a look in Settings - General - Passcode and fingerprint, the two buttons should be green for on.

130a7dbbe99cc73b192b2213ffe78318_zpsf8804f0f.jpg

Thanks for your help Dave really appreciate it.
Now under Fingerprints I have just added who's print they are per your screen shot
The 2 buttons are green as you suggest.....so should it work from the slide to unlock stage??
Thanks
Dave

Last edited:
Thanks for your help Dave really appreciate it.
Now under Fingerprints I am not getting left forefinger or left thumb just Finger 1 which is my imprint.

sorry, those are my fingerprints on my phone. You can save up to 5 fingers (I did both thumbs and forefingers, if you use edit, you can give them more descriptive names).

Thanks, Dave , it is working OK now.
Initially I though you had to slide to unlock but apparently you use your print at this stage to open.
Thanks for your time and effort...must be a Senior Moment on my side.
Dave

Thanks, Dave , it is working OK now.
Initially I though you had to slide to unlock but apparently you use your print at this stage to open.
Thanks for your time and effort...must be a Senior Moment on my side.
Dave

Glad you got it sorted (y).

back on the iMessage issues...does anyone who owns iPad/iPhone and Mac find that iMessages arent always displayed on iPad and Mac?

Downloading it now... hope it fixes a lot of the stuff !!!!
Downloaded... installed and restarted so guess that's a good start :)

First glance, Touchdown still crashed while syncing... I'm off to bed and will give it a go again tomorrow :(

<EDIT> I think (HOPE) the keypad response has improved while sending test emails to myself

Last edited:
Why do updates always turn Bluetooth back on :-/

First thing I thought! Did both. Hope it hasn't reset battery counter as just managed to get phone to be sensible.

Battery life on the ipad is affected. Just noticed it lost a load in standby over night and its ticking down in use faster than it was. Been getting 17 hours recently so I'll be annoyed if its cocked that up.

Flash seems to work in the camera a bit more. Had to turn off Bluetooth again. Pfft.

My 5s seems to be a bit snappier, not sure if it's because I did the update via iTunes and not the ota patch.

iPad 3, 4 and our Air seems to be snappier all round, On another note, do any of you have the Pinterest app on the iPad? It will restart the iPad here and there and looking online it's become quite an issue for everyone!

I'm sure I only paid 15 quid for my apple 30pin to lightning adapter from an O2 shop

We have been waiting for the 5s as we both have an upgrade due. The mrs is hoping for a better camera and I'm still undecided between the 5/5s or the galaxyS4
just changed to a galaxy s4, chalk and cheese. and i'm a die hard apple fan. whilst i have a mac for my photography the phone was way behind the new androids. even got 4g in newbury on monday.:banana: checked it out wooooh so fast it scared me.

just changed to a galaxy s4, chalk and cheese. and i'm a die hard apple fan. whilst i have a mac for my photography the phone was way behind the new androids. even got 4g in newbury on monday.:banana: checked it out wooooh so fast it scared me.

Interesting to read. I'm a longtime iPhone user, but keep glancing sideways at Samsung. Just a bit reluctant to jump ship in case of regret!

Interesting to read. I'm a longtime iPhone user, but keep glancing sideways at Samsung. Just a bit reluctant to jump ship in case of regret!

There would be plenty regret ;).

I had a Samsung Galaxy S3 last year (it was the cheapest high end phone for my upgrade) and unless you have very low expectations it's a horrible slippery cheap recycled plastic feel after an iPhone.

Had a play with an S4 a few weeks back, and while it has a lovely screen it still feels like a budget plastic phone (though not as bad as the S3) and Android still doesn't have the smoothness and polish of the iPhone OS.

If you decide to change, try and buy from somewhere with a good return policy, just in case you don't get on with it.

If you want to change Apple, don't go Samsung, they are just cheap plastic and marketing. If you want comparable quality hardware then go for a HTC One, Nokia Lumia, maybe Sony.

I had a Samsung Galaxy S3 last year (it was the cheapest high end phone for my upgrade) and unless you have very low expectations it's a horrible slippery cheap recycled plastic feel after an iPhone.

Had a play with an S4 a few weeks back, and while it has a lovely screen it still feels like a budget plastic phone (though not as bad as the S3) and Android still doesn't have the smoothness and polish of the iPhone OS.

If you decide to change, try and buy from somewhere with a good return policy, just in case you don't get on with it.

At least apple will take back their small screen device fairly easily. I also prefer to scratch cheap plastic case and root the phone, so major no issues there

If you want to change Apple, don't go Samsung, they are just cheap plastic and marketing. If you want comparable quality hardware then go for a HTC One, Nokia Lumia, maybe Sony.

You forgot Google Nexus and Motorola - pretty much the only ones worth buying at the moment.

Good addition with unnecessary hyperbole. Nexus stuff is great value but I like a decent camera in a smartphone.

don't know about you ,but i don't buy a phone on the "feel of it" i'm a truck driver and like me almost all my mates have a cover on their phone for extra protection i hardly know anyone who dos'nt cheers mike.

I understand what people say about feel, I have had a couple of Samsung phones and also had iPhone, I really don't find the Samsung phones cheap feeling and have never had either of mine "destroy themselves" in my pocket or bag or in fact anywhere.

I am about to see how good apples cs are daughter dropped her 4s the other day and broke the screen. I am not expecting anything for free but will be interesting how quick they can turn it around.

Neil, I realise that it wasn't aimed at any particular make.

Feel is a bit subjective really. My iPhone lives in a plastic case with a plastic screen protector on it. Whenever I take it out of the case I certainly admire its feel, and wonder if I shouldn't use it without... and then I pop it back in, and two days later drop it or slide it across the table, and think... good job I leave it in the plastic case, it would certainly be wrecked if I didn't! :D

I think I simply like some of the other offerings available due to size more than anything else, I like real estate of the screen of the Samsungs... I've even looked at the Note, and wondered about one of those - even though SWMBO tells me I'd look ridiculous with that stuck out of my jeans pocket! I'm really hoping the rumours that Apple are considering a larger screen are true, that's for sure.

The one thing i am finding limiting on iOS devices is the ability to share info between apps.

I have no doubt that Apple hardware is very well made, and the selection of apps second to none. But simple things like choosing which app to open a particular file typ with, the ability to share something with another app (ie like clip a wep page or some text to evernote, save a link to pocket etc) i find frustrating on ios.

Since the device i have was running ios 7 from the box, i haven't been able to jailbreak - will this open up such functions?

Back