iPhone IOS4 now available !

So who's camping outside tonight then? :D

mine is with ups as i type :)

Update went smoothly on my iPhone 3G.

Tried to find where to change the home screen wallpaper in 'settings' no luck... Just google'd it and it appears you need a 3GS. Come on Apple, its just a little picture.

Multi-tasking is also not supported on the 3G although.

Certainly won't be upgrading to a 3GS or 4 though, for as long as this one works I'm keeping it. Just disappointed about that.

2 days now and they still haven't fixed call of duty !!!!

I neeeeeeeed my zombie slaying fix

I don't think you can create them on the phone, you sync them to the phone via iTunes (well, you do on a Mac anyway).
The only default album you get is the "Camera Roll" one.

Upgraded my girlfriends 3G with no problems...

I create different directories for the iPhone to sync too on the PC and the folders on the iPhone assume the names of the directories.

Cheers guys (y)

Hmm, it works ok, but pretty much a waste of time if you 'only' have a 3G - all the good stuff is reserved for 3GS and future 4 owners... :shrug:

No wonder I'd never buy a bliddy Mac... :nono:

I managed to install flawlessly, which is amazing considering how many problems people seem to be having with this.

Hmm, it works ok, but pretty much a waste of time if you 'only' have a 3G - all the good stuff is reserved for 3GS and future 4 owners... :shrug:

I did my 3G when the GM was released. The extra stuff that's worth it was

Unified mailbox
2 push accounts and I can specify folders to push too
Improved calendaring
Folders
Spellcheck & Text replace
Photo's is improved as is what you can do via emailing them
Notes now sync multiple sources too :)
Stronger passcode, no longer restricted to 4 digits, now full alphanumeric support.

That's off the top of my head.

Not bad for free, although it does seem very slow on the 3G, nevermind, my 4 arrives tomorrow...

seems to be all up and running with all the wink wink nudge nudge stuff ;) the multitasking and wallpapers are a nice change on the 3g too.

After several hours updating her lappy, Itunes and then her Imoan the missus says "it's OKAY and I have folders" :lmfao:

3g is slow on 4.0 but my call of duty works fine...

hmm so would it be worth doing? and if it was too slow can I put the previous OS on?

Upgraded my 3G to OS 4 couple of days ago, lost some of my photos for some strange reason. I have found the phone to be a little slower than it used to be which is a bit of a pain. Hate the way Apple have chose not to include some of the new OS features for the 3G but as said earlier I would be fairly sure it's just Apple trying to force an upgrade to be able to make the use of all these wonderful features.

Clarke

Upgraded my 3G to OS 4 couple of days ago, lost some of my photos for some strange reason. I have found the phone to be a little slower than it used to be which is a bit of a pain. Hate the way Apple have chose not to include some of the new OS features for the 3G but as said earlier I would be fairly sure it's just Apple trying to force an upgrade to be able to make the use of all these wonderful features.

Clarke

Mine a good bit slower also, and it wasn't exactly speedy gonzales to start off with.... the only thing I wanted I didn't get... multitasking... :bang:

I can feel an HTC Desire coming my way very soon.... :D

Upgraded my 3GS OK, everything working fine, folders is neat, having the ability to check all inboxes instead of individual ones is useful, and will now sync with outlook 2010....so I'm happy.

Slight glitch. All is fine and dandy in iOS4 world. :)

I have my 3GS officially unlocked by O2 and I am using the phone on a T-Mobile monthly contract.

I tried to upgrade my OS to 4.0 from 3.1.3 and noticed that iTunes took over 48 hours to "backup my iphone" and when the backup was over I received a message about some error and the OS upgrade failed. :(

Has anyone experience similar grief yet? :puke:

Can someone that has recently upgraded a 3gs phone do me a favour? or can anyone help me, it appears that my location servies have become greyed out so cant select them, and its turn off the setting for my tom tom.

cheers

Does anyone know if it's possible to downgrade to OS3 again? Mine is a total bag of nails on OS4 - nice if you like extra features with a very slow phone... I'm going to end up bouncing it off the wall at this rate... :bang:

Does anyone know if it's possible to downgrade to OS3 again? Mine is a total bag of nails on OS4 - nice if you like extra features with a very slow phone... I'm going to end up bouncing it off the wall at this rate... :bang:

You can do a restore and select an older version that it would have previously downloaded onto your PC (unless you've deleted them). click restore whilst holding Alt on a Mac, not sure on a PC, may be the Ctrl key.

It will downgrade the OS, but not the radio baseband (which is only an issue if you use an unofficial unlock).

Definately worth having Marc. Unified Mail & Folders alone make it worthwhile :)
It's a better upgrade on the 3GS than the 3G :)

I eventually managed to get OS4 off my 3g and OS3 back on again... what a relief; it feels like a rocket machine now... :D

Updated to iOS4 and all went very smoothly. 2 hours to download the file, but only ten minute to install.Only thing is, I now can't seem to turn off 3G, the option has disappeared. I tried to google it and discovered a lot of blogs/forum threads bemoaning the sudden increased battery usage since the upgrade. Mine seems to be ok but Sue's was losing power very quickly today (upgr6aded hers yesterday). Anyone else experiencing problems?

Back