iPhone OS 3.00 is here at last... :-)

No apps were ever left running in the background. Pressing the home button quits them.
some apps are better at saving their state than others, which is why some may look like they've only been minimised while others look like they've been restarted.
This is why people have been so miffed about "push" being so late as it's impossible to write messenger applications as they had to be left running to work until now.

Oh and I just setup tethering via the free method, and it was quick and easy and seems to work quite well.

For those of us a little less capable on the IT front... :cautious: ... care to enlighten one on the so-called 'via the free method' please FJ... :shrug:

:ty:

:p

Here's a nifty little trick I've just discovered....

Hold down the home button and, while holding it, briefly press the power button. It takes a snapshot of your screen and puts it in your photos folder! :D (y)

For those of us a little less capable on the IT front... :cautious: ... care to enlighten one on the so-called 'via the free method' please FJ... :shrug:

Have a look here. All done on the iphone, and takes about 4-5 minutes to do. Tested as working in the UK on O2.

Oh and use the O2 contract profile.

Oh and to test it, the best way is to use USB to connect to your computer, and turn off wifi on both the iPhone and the computer.

Have been away on business and just got back, I have updated my phone, sent an mms from a pic on my phone, only thing is it does not resize them so instead of a 16k mms pic they are 229k. does anyone know how to resize them first?

Prior to the upgrade these forums looked fine. Now it is all weird and all over the place. Any ideas as to whether I need to change any settings?

Upgraded no problem....... but now my WiFi seems to drop out and disconnect from my network going back to the 3G symbol if left unattended. I then have to reconnect the WiFi.

Any clues anyone..??

Did you read the comments at the bottom, their is talk of o2 disconnecting or charging people who use the work around.

If you don't download alot, and just do some web surfing and email on the road, then it would be hard to find out and I doubt they are filtering every packet of every customer.

I am more worried that 3.0 makes it so that itunes take 2 hours to backup my iphone.

So correct me if I'm wrong I'm on small biz tariff with iphone bolt on and unlimited 3g, now they want to charge me extra, signing a 24 month contract to tether to my laptop :thinking:

The tethering prices are insane. Apart from those who might try and use bit torrent type softeare (not sure why they would on 3G connection) surely there is no difference to using the iphone.

If they were that worried about the network jamming up with people using the laptops up, then sure charge for that part, but what about making it free to tether in wifi spots so you can use your cloud account?

Ah well,

Back