iPhone OS 3.00 is here at last... :-)

Works fine but still need to have a good play with it :)

I'm just backing mine up before I do the upgrade, I don't need the phone tonight so it can just sit and take the download

:D

Not necessary I think as it does a backup as part of the process... :shrug: ... but I suppose it's better safe than sorry... :D

:p

started to download and when i come back from my tea it was all done :)

no i have to jailbreak it i suppose to get my winterboard themes on, is v3.0 supported?

i was thinking of buying the new version as i love my original so much, any ideas on costs?

Oooo, copy n paste :)

started to download and when i come back from my tea it was all done :)

no i have to jailbreak it i suppose to get my winterboard themes on, is v3.0 supported?

i was thinking of buying the new version as i love my original so much, any ideas on costs?

Don't think you can do v3 yet, but i'm sure it won't be long

On pay as you go it shows as 3 texts equals 1 MMS. I can't find the 4 texts equals 1 MMS anywhere, although it always used to be that.

Mine took just over 20 mins to download and install.

not really noticed much of a change aside from spotlight and voice recorder from a visual point of view.

Landscape keyboard for goading Matty via sms for not having the update installed yet was much easier.

The main thing for me is the change to bluetooth, my tomtom 530 now allows sending and recieving of text messages via the phone link, thats gonna save me from looking away from the road when driving.

All the major updates are looking good. How did we cope without copy and paste for so long?
Just starting to notice some of the refinements. The recent calls list now tells you which of numbers a contact called you from (home, work, mobile etc...) which I'd missed in the earlier versions.

Just got a text from O2 saying "we are setting up picture messaging for you now, we'll let you know when it's ready" :D

edit: in the time it took to type that, I've had another message says "picture messing is ready to use." As a nice touch, the message was a picture :)

Done - but is not THAT exciting - REALLY it isnt!! Good for fat fingers on the texting - and gee we can send mms now - I could do that 5 years ago on other phones...

Pretty underwhelmed by it - but still ~THE coolest phone (almost forgot it makes calls as well fro a mint then...) Love the apps..

Rog

mines finally done, got scared before when it wouldn't connect and all i could do was make emergency calls :D

Just got a text from O2 saying "we are setting up picture messaging for you now, we'll let you know when it's ready" :D

edit: in the time it took to type that, I've had another message says "picture messing is ready to use." As a nice touch, the message was a picture :)

Did you have to do anything or did it just arrive?

Am I the only one that very nearly got caught out 'cos I have a pin code to enter on start-up... :shrug:

When it reactivates the sim it doesn't much like the pin and if you're not watching it there might be an issue... :eek: ... had to remove from dock, let if finish sorting itself, enter pin and re-dock to validate... :cautious:

If anyone else uses this I would consider taking it off while you upgrade... :D

Has anyone else seen the activation server unavailable message come up, and managed to get past it yet?

The recent calls list now tells you which of numbers a contact called you from (home, work, mobile etc...) which I'd missed in the earlier versions.

Nice touch... (y) ... only just checked and it is a useful improvement that one... :D ... how many more like that are there... :LOL:

Back