iPhone OS 3.00 is here at last... :-)

Edit My Images
No
Downloading now, from the original iTunes process, as I write... :D

I will update as it progresses... ;)

:p

I'm gonna bookmark this thread, so keep us updated. I've not yet got an iphone as I was waiting for the new one, but to be honest it doesn't really look that much better than the previous model, most improvements seems to be the v3 update

11 minutes here, but it's been saying 11 minutes for bleedin' ages.

Must be really heavy demand... :shrug: ... first half downloaded quite quickly but it's slowed to a crawl now... :cautious: ... still we are over the 200MB marker now... :D

Just doing mine now. Thank heavens for my 20Mb link. It's coming down very fast.

I'm on it! 4 mins to go on the download :D

Now on to "Updating iPhone firmware"... :shrug:

About halfway through according to the phone... ;)

Don't know what you mean... :naughty:

Anyhoo... :D ... we're done and iPhone is just re-starting... :D

:woot: ... :woot:

iPhone is activated... :D ... we're off to play... :D

Less than half an hour for the whole kit and caboodle... ;) ... can't be bad at 27 minutes or so... :LOL:

Just a warning to PAYG users ...

The APN settings get changed after updating, meaning you cannot access the internet.

You need to change it back to .... mobile.o2.co.uk

There's a page on O2 web site for those on PAYG handsets telling you haow to set it up.

all working with no issues. Not sure how long it took, i clicked "download and install" and then went to make my tea, when I came back it was done.

all working with no issues. Not sure how long it took, i clicked "download and install" and then went to make my tea, when I came back it was done.

You're the sensible one then... :LOL:

MMS already set up too... ;) ... in just another 15 minutes or so... :D ... how good are they getting... :geek:

Ditto, 8 min download for the software, then got called for tea. All done now.

Photo symbol on text for mms, copy and paste - Oh yes.
Voice memo icon

is contract mms 25p?
downloading veeeeeerrrryyyy sllllooooowwwwllllyyyy

Beverley has just plugged her iPhone into iTunes and it says over an hour for the download! I guess there are tens of thousands of people downloading 3.0 right now :eek:

Mine's now updating software..........

Interesting!!!! the iPhone has disappeared from the O2 site

I suppose we'll have to wait and see how much the new 3Gs model tomorrow.

Wasn't thinking of upgrading anyway.......

I have to go out later, so I think I'll update mine later tonight just before packing in.

my install seems to be taking longer than the download... :yawn:

Chaps. Will I just be able to walk into a shop and buy a 3Gs on Friday? Its as an upgrade, not a new contract. But I am out of contract so it's not pay-as-you-go if you se what I mean.

In theory yes... :D ... O2 or CPW should have stocks but how long they will last is anybodies guess so get there early... :cautious:

Good luck... ;)

I'm on hols so I have a fairly slow connection but it still says just 21 mins.

Back