Is it just me or...........

wontolla

Misery Guts Monica
Name
I'm not a Misery Guts and Monica is not my Moniker
Edit My Images
Yes
.....is anyone else experiencing an extremely slow internet?
On BT Infinity (fastest available) and it's excrucatingly s l o w wwww!
Of course according to BT "there are no problems in your area" !! PFFFFFT!

I'm on standard BT broadband with no problems.

Yup... terrible here at the moment.... ;)

all good here too!!
3112569223.png

I'm on a dongle and it's OK some of the time and crap the rest

Last edited:
I officially hate you Andy :sulk:
I like to please :D (but take solace in that your photos are far better than mine ;))

all good here too!!
3112569223.png
That's interesting... My upload/ping times are better than yours, but my "grade" is rated lower due (I guess) to lower download speeds.

I like to please :D (but take solace in that your photos are far better than mine ;))

That's interesting... My upload/ping times are better than yours, but my "grade" is rated lower due (I guess) to lower download speeds.
Its to do with the actual quality of the signal received and sent....something called 'jitter' and 'packet loss'.....less is obviously better!:D

Its to do with the actual quality of the signal received and sent....something called 'jitter' and 'packet loss'.....less is obviously better!:D
Nahh... I monitor my pings and I don't lose anything and jitter is almost non-existent. It's biased to download speed... ;)

we found in the summer on normal lines it dropped badly and when the cold was bad it dropped badly again

since we have had finer optic it has been fine

p.s we on karoo a private network and we are not allowed to change network providers some bull crap law stops it happening

Go on then what is extremely slow, bet its still faster than my crappy broadband service :sulk:

Not much better this morning.
At the moment it's 17.8 Mb/s download, 5.65 upload. Thats slow for fibre optic. Last night it was a quarter of that! (we are 1/2 mile from exchange)

Last edited:
Surprised no one using VM hasn't posted their low ping high download speed stats yet so here goes :D

At the moment it's 17.8 Mb/s download, 5.65 upload. Thats slow for fibre optic. Last night it was a quarter of that! (we are 1/2 mile from exchange)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Sorry old chap struggling to feel sorry for you :LOL:

View attachment 1188

And that's fast for my broadband service :(

On Sky broadband and it's pretty dire. I'm hoping their Sky Fibre service is coming soon near us.

Hell fire, thats not much faster than dial-up! Must be remote place!

It's a village but were not exactly in the middle of nowhere :sulk: less than 2 miles from the exchange...7 miles from a major city and to 2 large towns

This is ADSL from my partners shop (whilst I'm on a machine there via a VPN tunnel). She's less than half a mile from the exchange I guess....

3113499361.png

3115800577.png

i'm happy here too, actually getting the speed I pay for (y)

Last edited:
I get this speed drop with BT Infinity-usually a re-boot of the home hub gets it up to speed again

Back