Is it now simply called Windows ?

free upgrades from 7 on volume licencing helps, we're going to 10 (other than those legacy systems that need XP still)

you wont get bugs fixed in 7 any longer unless they're security related as it's now in the extended support period which only covers security fixes.

unpin all of the tiles from the start menu, job done :D

Well that sounds easy but will 'Start Is Back' start menu still work on 10? I LOVE me Start Menu

Seems I found the answer
If you’ve upgraded a PC to Windows 10 — not performed a clean install, but an upgrade — you’ll have an easy option that lets you revert to the last version of Windows. To access this, open the Start menu and select Settings. Click the “Update & security” icon and select “Recovery.”

You should see a “Go back to Windows 7″ or “Go back to Windows 8.1″ option. Click the Get started button to get rid of your Windows 10 install and restore your previous Windows install. Microsoft will ask you why you want to go back.

If it’s been over a month — or if you’ve run the DIsk cleanup tool and removed the “Previous Windows installations” files or deleted the C:\Windows.old folder by hand — you’ll no longer see this option. Windows 10 appears to automatically remove the old Windows installation files after a month to free up space.

http://www.howtogeek.com/220723/how-to-uninstall-windows-10-and-downgrade-to-windows-7-or-8.1/

I remember the first time I saw and tried Windows 8, I was getting a new laptop. I went into the shop with the intention of buying a new machine, after trying it I thought it was a clumsy mess. I did not buy one, I stuck with my old machine, glad I did. I saved myself a headache and a wad of cash :).

Trying out the Windows 10 still looks a mess, so I am still not going to buy another machine. Yipee, I have saved myself another wad of cash :banana:

Back