Is it worth swapping a Fuji X-T10 for an X-T1?

Edit My Images
Yes
I've only had the X-T10 from new for about a month now and I'm absolutely loving it. I've got the 16-50 kit and just bought the amazing 35mm F/1.4 prime.

Just popped into Wex for a browse and I've noticed they are doing 10% off Used X-T1 bodies, bringing them down from £490 to £441 (8/10 condition).

They said they'd give me around £330 for my X-T10, and £115 for the 16-50 (if I wanted to get rid), and I'm still yet to claim the £50 cashback from Jessops on the X-T10.

So I can effectively swap the cameras over and save myself £50 but then only have the 35mm 1.4, or I could keep the 16-50 and "upgrade" to the X-T1 for about £60. Since getting the 35mm I haven't really taken it off, however it wouldn't be too versatile as an only lens, right?

Does anyone think it would be worth it? I love my X-T10 but I can't help feeling envious of the slightly superior X-T1. Not sure whether the ISO dial and the better grip/ergonomics would be worth £60!

To me XT1 feels much better, were you able to handle the X T1 in the shop?

Read the condition for 8/10 more carefully mate. I would not touch be touching those with a bargepole.

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/do-you-think-this-is-a-fair-rating-10.623366/
Cheers mate, I'll check it out tomorrow.

If it's purely a few cosmetic blemishes, would you say go for it?

Yes I checked the X-T1's out in store, they looked ok.

One was £490 and was visually as new, but the store attendant said there is a mark visible on the images when you shoot in F/11?

Yep, it's dust under the glass. They would have tried cleaning the sensor so if there are still marks that means it's uncleanable, therefore avoid!

Especially when you can buy a mint one without any of those issues for around £500 on a forum.

Once you become an established member
"This shows that you've settled in properly as a member on Talk Photography. You will be awarded this when you make just 25 posts and have been a member for 60 days. Once you reach this level you can access all our restricted forums (Classifieds etc)."

From help at bottom right of page
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/help/membership/

I know how you feel. Trouble is I sold mine, still new one should be here in a few days

Having used both cameras, the x-t10 is excellent. I don't mind the lack of ISO dial as the buttons are so customisable. Some, x-T1's do suffer from the 'awkward to press buttons' due to the weather sealing, but this is not the case with all X-T1's (I had one for two or three months that did not suffer from this issue at all, but have handled one or two others that do) . I actually won a fuji x-t1 in a photography competition and it was brilliant, but I wanted to go on holiday, so i sold it. If it wasn't for my time with the x-t1, I probably wouldn't have considered the purchase of an x-t10 earlier this year. Both are fantastic. One thing that may make an upgrade worth my while sometime down the line though is the viewfinder. The X-T1 viewfinder is far better than that of my X-T10. I also find that the viewfinder in my X-T10 seems to portray a darker image than found on the lcd and also darker than that of the actual image taken (a minor fault which might only be due to an ever so slightly faulty version of the camera, which I'm not even going to bother complaining about). Plus it is a tad smaller and is a bit of a notable difference coming from having used an X-T1 for just a short while.

Some people may find that the X-T1 is also much better size wise. Particularly if you have large hands. This is not an issue for me, but it also raises the issue of the battery grip which you can buy for the x-t1 but not the x-t10. This can make heavy portraiture use much more comfortable. Also, I guess it depends on what lenses you're interested in investing in. The larger ones feeling better balanced on the x-t1. Personally, I hope to be investing in the XF 35mm f2 and either the 14mm, or 18 mm, or if budget allows then all three... But that would probably be enough to keep me satisfied. those small lenses seem just fine on the x-t10. I don't have experience of any other lenses other than the 18-55mm on the x-t1 and the 16-50 on the x-t10.

Another question to consider is the weather sealing. I never take my camera out in torrential rain, but the odd drop doesn't seem to hurt (fingers crossed). But for heavy use, the x-t1 could be better due to the weather sealing provided. My shooting is more casual

I've only had the X-T10 from new for about a month now and I'm absolutely loving it. I've got the 16-50 kit and just bought the amazing 35mm F/1.4 prime.

Just popped into Wex for a browse and I've noticed they are doing 10% off Used X-T1 bodies, bringing them down from £490 to £441 (8/10 condition).

They said they'd give me around £330 for my X-T10, and £115 for the 16-50 (if I wanted to get rid), and I'm still yet to claim the £50 cashback from Jessops on the X-T10.

So I can effectively swap the cameras over and save myself £50 but then only have the 35mm 1.4, or I could keep the 16-50 and "upgrade" to the X-T1 for about £60. Since getting the 35mm I haven't really taken it off, however it wouldn't be too versatile as an only lens, right?

Does anyone think it would be worth it? I love my X-T10 but I can't help feeling envious of the slightly superior X-T1. Not sure whether the ISO dial and the better grip/ergonomics would be worth £60!
Did you take the plunge?

Did you take the plunge?
Been busy with university exams, sorry for not replying for weeks!

No I did not in the end, the condition sounded very ropey on the ones from wex. Think I'm going to hold out until the summer when I'm working and look for one on here or on eBay that's great condition for £450-500 instead!

Back