Is There A Better Smell...?

To high octane petrol, I'd like to add the smell of a new motorsport programme.

Well, with respect to the petrolheads and baconheads on here I'm claiming 'Thread starter's perogative' to state that, without doubt, fresh mown grass is still the winner for me!!:ty:

Can you remember that (or was that recently), only there was a study recently that says your earliest memories are somewhere around age 2

Let's not forget some kids are/were breast fed way beyond 2. :)

Can you remember that (or was that recently), only there was a study recently that says your earliest memories are somewhere around age 2

I can't remember it. I was wondering if the poster I quoted could, hence the "?".

Im gonna go a bit leftfield here and say the smell of the smoke from a party popper thats just gone off. Same kind of smell as fireworks.

I also like the smell of -
fresh tarmac
The diesel smell at train stations
Marker pens with that sweet candy smell

My wife loves the smell of a horses mouth area, I'm like many others, the smell of a freshly opened book or magazine is nice too.

I can't beleive there's no freshly baked bread, freshly brewed coffee or fish and chips even. All three of those would be somewhere near the top of my list.

The smell you get upon opening the case with brand new Gibson Les Paul inside.

I may well have favorite smell overload today. Fresh ground coffee at the moment, then I am into the man cave to make some lovely fresh cut wood. Then later today I am working with leather. In fact the only favorite smell I'll be missing today is Castrol R

I'd have to go with freshly ground coffee, and the perfume used by a number of the girls at the office. Truly delightful!

I may well have favorite smell overload today. Fresh ground coffee at the moment, then I am into the man cave to make some lovely fresh cut wood. Then later today I am working with leather. In fact the only favorite smell I'll be missing today is Castrol R

I wonder if a drop or 2 in an oil lamp (mixed with lamp oil) would permeate the atmosphere with R? Or a bit in an oil burner thingy. Many (many!) years ago, we'd put a bit in with petrol in 4 strokes to get a whiff (as well as help preserve exhausts) but I reckon that would probably gum up the cats in modern bikes.

So many to choose from mainly childhood related but number 1 for me at the moment and whilst not very manly, it's Happy Heart by Clinique. My Wife used to wear it all the time when we first met and she still does now on special occasions. Happy memories.

also in the running,

grass fire,
motorbike shop,
burnt 2 stroke,
spent shotgun shell smoke,
Youngs gun oil,
new carpet,
freshly glossed woodwork as it's drying, that takes me right back,
the fresh air hit when you get out of the car at Glencoe after a 2.5 hour drive before dawn on a cold morning. ;-)

there's probably a lot more.

Yeah why is that I wonder?
Because the brain has better taste than the taste buds?
Saying that, chippy fish n chips is waaaay better than freezer fish and oven chips. :)

My late father was a fruit and veg retailer and wholesaler most of his working life. There's nothing quite like the smell of a large wholesale fruit and veg market at 5am, a mixture of fresh and decaying produce...the smell would take me right back in time.

Similarly a freshly opened bale of good quality hay.

When I was a kid, they used to mark out the running track on the field using creosote, so cut grass and creosote always takes me back, but you can't get creosote any more

Back