Is there a difference between image making and photography?

and of course many here will be ignorant of the fact that only film using photons of real light ;)

Quite. Film uses real light; digital uses artificial light. Hence digital is just a flash in the pan. (He said brightly :))

not just real light but real photons of real light - we don't want no stinking artifical photons round here, no sirrreee

Judging by the ridiculously high ISO settings I see are available now, I didn't think digital cameras needed light any more!!

Steve.

I create my own light, because I don't like using light created by other people.

lol

only dagguerotype can be considered real art anyway - with these new fangled roll films the skill has been taken out of it and done for you by the chemical engineers at fuji and Kodak , and all this modern fixation with cameras and lenses when we all know the true artist uses camera obscura , everything else is just mechanochemiography :LOL:

lol

mechanochemiography :LOL:

Now that is a good word.

All is not lost though. Technology will save the day.

You'll be able to look at a scene then go home and plug the neural transmitter into your cortex implant and display the scene you saw in real 3d. It'll be brilliant.

It'll be s***, but brilliant.

A world of purity, without composites and manipulation. A purist's utopian ideal.

I'm bored outta my skull just thinking about it.

I've got that already - its called a 'memory' , although its easily confused with this thing called 'imagination' , as I'm fairly sure I didn't really a have a threesome with Angelina Jolie and Emma Stone, in a hot tub on a tropical island , but I've got this great 3D picture of it in my head

I've got that already - its called a 'memory' , although its easily confused with this thing called 'imagination' , as I'm fairly sure I didn't really a have a threesome with Angelina Jolie and Emma Stone, in a hot tub on a tropical island , but I've got this great 3D picture of it in my head

Hmm, I've got that memory too. Imagination is great isn't it. Sometimes it gets confused with creativity. Wouldn't it be great if we could carry more than we can errr, carry. Maybe something round might be useful. We'll call it a wheel.

Judging by the ridiculously high ISO settings I see are available now, I didn't think digital cameras needed light any more!!

Steve.

Well, you either need light or money for them to look good. I can't afford cameras that look great at ISO12,800 so I have to choose light. :p

Back