Beginner Is There Bluebells out Yet

Hi can any one tell me if the Bluebells are out yet in the woods, Thanks:snaphappy:

Bit early yet..........the ones in our garden have to 'show'

PS we are in Surrey, so is AFAIK slightly location affected

Yeah, it's usually April/May on the Surrey Downs depending on the weather.
Quite mild this year, so suspect it'll be early April

None out here in My part of N. E. Somerset. The leaves are thick and dark green.. Next week the buds may show.

Yup, late April/early May is when they usually pop out down here. The woods where we usually see loads have a lot of wild garlic (Ramsons) as well as the bluebells.

Seen loads around here for the past month - they seem to be getting an early start!

I think you meant to say Are there bluebells out yet... ;)

But no - none I've seen in Wiltshire. We've still got snowdrops

Thanks every one, I will go later the woods I go to are full with bluebells and wild garlic at there best so worth the wait.

The first buds have come through the ground in the last few days in my garden (Stratford-upon-Avon).

Hi can any one tell me if the Bluebells are out yet in the woods, Thanks:snaphappy:

Loads oiut here in West sussex in the woodlands I drive though daily

Might be able to persuade Mrs Nod to go for an amble in our favourite bluebell spot tomorrow - IF I can dig her out of her pit at a reasonably early time! (Friday's her usual lie in morning...)

Well, although it was (as always) a lovely walk up the river and back through Dunsford Woods, there were only about a dozen bluebells that were even budding! A few more Ramsons than that but still not a carpet of white and blue. We'll have to try again next week.

Went up to Dockey Wood last week to check progress and wondering how many people will take notice of the new 'no tripods' or 'no commercial photography' rules!

IMG_1446.jpg

Last weekend they were just starting to flower at Renishaw Hall in North Derbyshire, l would imagine they're looking pretty good now.

Went up to Dockey Wood last week to check progress and wondering how many people will take notice of the new 'no tripods' or 'no commercial photography' rules!

View attachment 99703
They had the no tripods rule last year during 'opening hours'. You could still visit outside of the opening hours (1000-1600) which is when photographers go for sunrise and sunset. Not sure about the commercial photographbut if it's private land with no official public access they could do the same as the London parks do.

And in Kent :)

I saw a small clump at Chambers Farm Wood near Wragby, Lincolnshire a couple of weekends ago, very early round here. Looks like they're out fully at Bourne Woods

Seen them in a few locations in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire but they're fully out yet. Hopefully they will this weekend and the weather will play ball.

Just seen a pic of Dockey wood on Facebook, and its pretty grim, I think a few of us are going to be unhappy. I didn't know how to share it as I'm not on Facebook..

Back