Is this the reason I can't find Agfa 200 at my local Poundland?

This store hasn't had any for months but the batch dates run from 06 to 08 2018 on the ones I just bought, so it could be old stock but not sure.

But they are back in store for now.

Edit: fat fingers

This store hasn't had any for months but the batch dates run from 06 to 08 2018 on the ones I just bought, so it could be old stock but not sure.

But they are back in store for now.

Edit: fat fingers

Well it could be someone found some in the backroom as the last lot I found were expiry date 8th 2018...this needs a call into Poundland by email.

Could be. The last lot I bought were 12/2018 and when I emailed Poundland they said they were not getting any in. I have heard of another store with them in stock oop North so deffo worth a trip into town.

There was no sign of any in my local Poundland yesterday, hopefully some will roll in soon.

Does this mean the 3 rolls of 24 I have in my drawer can be flogged on eBay for £10 a roll to some Hipster?

:naughty:

It appears Agfa Vista is no more

https://www.japancamerahunter.com/2...la-vista-baby-another-fan-fav-takes-dirt-nap/

I presume this (along with the previous killing of multi-packs) points further to the demise of Fuji C200 and Superia 400 ?

All a shame as film use seems to be more popular and yet there is nothing cheap anymore and all recent. Newbies or people wanted to try film (and me) could use Vista then get it dev, scanned to CD with index at Asda for £3 while you shop...total cost £4 and if lucky could get 36 exp Vista.
What a change in about 1 to 2 years. :(

Last edited:
AFAICS it's still just a rumour. However, it's not at all clear whether the rumour applies to Vista 200 only, or 400 as well. Nevertheless I ordered a 10-pack of Vista 400 from AG when I first read that.

We know that Fuji have stopped making Superia 200, leaving C200 and Superia 400. It seems a bit odd to remove other-branded sales of these products when presumably they'd want to keep their production volumes up. Maybe there really are differences between the Agfa and Fuji versions after all (there is a slight difference in edge coding for the 400)?

It seems a bit odd to remove other-branded sales of these products when presumably they'd want to keep their production volumes up. Maybe there really are differences between the Agfa and Fuji versions after all (there is a slight difference in edge coding for the 400)?
It is not necessarily about Fuji. If Agfaphoto don't order any, then Fuji will not make the Agfa branded version. If Agfaphoto order a great deal, then Fuji will be happy to make it for them.

AFAICS it's still just a rumour. However, it's not at all clear whether the rumour applies to Vista 200 only, or 400 as well. Nevertheless I ordered a 10-pack of Vista 400 from AG when I first read that.

We know that Fuji have stopped making Superia 200, leaving C200 and Superia 400. It seems a bit odd to remove other-branded sales of these products when presumably they'd want to keep their production volumes up. Maybe there really are differences between the Agfa and Fuji versions after all (there is a slight difference in edge coding for the 400)?

I'll take a guess that Fuji aren't making any more C200/Superia 400 and Lupus Imaging just can't buy any more to re-brand as Agfa Vista.
Fuji have run the last print run and it'll disappear when the remaining Fuji branded singles have been sold, probably sometime early next year.

I'll take a guess that Fuji aren't making any more C200/Superia 400 and Lupus Imaging just can't buy any more to re-brand as Agfa Vista.
Fuji have run the last print run and it'll disappear when the remaining Fuji branded singles have been sold, probably sometime early next year.

It's possible, but to date Fuji have been signalling their film withdrawals in advance, or at least in advance of stock disappearing. I've not seen a notice about C200 or S400 that I can remember, except for the one last year saying they were continuing...

EDIT: Fuji has a real problem managing the move from large to small quantities of film in terms both of cash flow and also having inappropriate production lines geared for very large batches. It does make sense to reduce the number of lines they sell, hoping that will increase the volumes on other lines, although it could backfire if (for example) C200 users move to the Kodak equivalent...

Last edited:
It's possible, but to date Fuji have been signalling their film withdrawals in advance, or at least in advance of stock disappearing. I've not seen a notice about C200 or S400 that I can remember, except for the one last year saying they were continuing...
They haven't announced the end of Superia 400, but killing off the multipacks tends to be read as a sign of impending doom:

https://www.japancamerahunter.com/2017/10/film-news-fujifilm-end-nigh/

Amazon no longer directly sells the 3-packs I used to buy, though some of their traders still offer them (at an already inflated price).

EDIT: Fuji has a real problem managing the move from large to small quantities of film in terms both of cash flow and also having inappropriate production lines geared for very large batches. It does make sense to reduce the number of lines they sell, hoping that will increase the volumes on other lines, although it could backfire if (for example) C200 users move to the Kodak equivalent...

Yeah, I guess that is what is happening.
Companies seem to have problems moving from mass production of C41 and E6 to smaller runs more befitting a niche product. I guess Fuji have looked at the numbers and decided it's not worth the investment to do so.
We can only hope Kodak does succeed in getting Ektachrome out as I think that'll be the first colour film designed around smaller runs ?
Portra and Ektar seem to share some of the technologies of Vision 3 (and perhaps some of the same processes ?) so Kodak can probably afford to keep mass producing that. It'll be interesting to see what Kodak do with Colorplus and Ultramax though.

B&W on the other seems to be much easier to scale down in comparison.

Last edited:

Email today from AG:

"We want to let you know that your order xxxxx status is currently

PENDING ADVISED

Vista 400 is out of stock at present. Can you advise if you'd prefer an alternative film (we have Fuji Superia 400 and Kodak Ultramax 400 in stock at a slightly higher price)? The Vista may be some time coming back into stock."

NOT good news! Although it's about the same price as the 3-packs of Superia 400 I've been buying off fleabay recently...

AG are offering Superia 400 in 5-packs for £25 plus postage. Cheapest I can see on fleabay is now 3 for £14.95, most offerings work out around £6 per film. :(

Meanwhile AG are offering Kodak Ultramax 400 at £29 for a 5 pack plus postage. I've never shot with this that I can remember... Their Portra 400 5 pack is £48 plus postage.... :(

Well it's guys like me who haven't helped the film industry for 35mm as from 3 to 7 years ago have been buying bulk purchases on the bay for peanuts e.g. 100 rolls of Superia 200 36 exp for £33, and still have Gold 100 asa and also some Reala left 36 exposure for 50p a roll. And mopped up so much Vista and with all the added film in the freezer, and using one roll per month on average, will take about 8 years to get through.
But have helped a small way with 120 as not too long ago 7dayshop were selling 120 Portra 160 and Ektar for about £20 for 5 pack and bought one of each.

AG are offering Superia 400 in 5-packs for £25 plus postage. Cheapest I can see on fleabay is now 3 for £14.95, most offerings work out around £6 per film. :(

Meanwhile AG are offering Kodak Ultramax 400 at £29 for a 5 pack plus postage. I've never shot with this that I can remember... Their Portra 400 5 pack is £48 plus postage.... :(

I bought some Ultramax to try out yesterday. From the fact sheet it looks as though it's from the same family as Vision 3/Ektar/Portra, but with a bit more (T)grain.
Portra is starting to get out of my price range now to shoot regularly.

Weirdly, my local lab just got a new order of Agfa Vista having not had it before.

I bought some Ultramax to try out yesterday. From the fact sheet it looks as though it's from the same family as Vision 3/Ektar/Portra, but with a bit more (T)grain.
Portra is starting to get out of my price range now to shoot regularly.

Weirdly, my local lab just got a new order of Agfa Vista having not had it before.

Interested to see your Ultramax results, Stephen. I see you're Birmingham, which lab and which Vista film was that?

Interested to see your Ultramax results, Stephen. I see you're Birmingham, which lab and which Vista film was that?

In the past Poundland sold Ultramax (as well as Ferrania and probably others) and bought a couple of rolls at the time.....and from memory I liked it.

Palm Labs in Digbeth. Didn't look too closely to see which flavour of Vista it was. I'll have a proper look next time I'm in

I rang Palm Labs and the guy said it was Vista 400, but quite pricey and he didn't know about postage or discounts for quantity.

Email today from AG:

"We want to let you know that your order xxxxx status is currently

PENDING ADVISED

Vista 400 is out of stock at present...

I emailed them back to say hold on to the order for a while, see if some comes in. Today they told me they had found some from another source, just arrived today, so I'll be getting my 10-pack (and the 10-pack of Kodacolor 200 arrived a couple of days ago). So I should have a reasonable amount of "ordinary" film to play with over the summer!

If you like Vista 400, check out AG...

Hi All,

Just popped into my local Poundland store in Salford and it looks like they have found more stock of AGFA film, about 20 boxes. I checked them out and all had expiry dates of either June or August 2018, same as the batch I had previously bought.

So you may have some luck out there.

Back