Is this the reason I can't find Agfa 200 at my local Poundland?

Went to Bristol for the day yesterday so popped into the two Poundlands that I passed, but neither of them had any. I'll walk past two more on the way home from work today so I'll check in there as well. Not expecting to find any, but I may as well check when I'm going past!

I was in Leeds recently and the Seacroft store had plenty. Plus they had everything on offer at 90p, I think it must be a dig at Poundworld that has opened nearby.

Lateral thinking at Poundland o_O....found the last four underneath a cabinet, got the security to get a long stick to fish them out. ;)
Get it while you can and emails to head office would help to see if it's discontinued also to complain.

I think the smaller Poundland in Shirley (Southampton) must be sucking up most of the stock, as they're always overflowing with film. Either that, or nobody (aside from me) has ever actually bought any. :D

Well, the good news is that Poundland respond to enquiries very quickly. The bad news...

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we no longer sell the AGFA Vista Plus Camera Film.

I do apologise for any inconvenience.

Kind Regards
[name removed]
Customer Relations
Poundland Limited, Dealz and 99p Stores Ltd

:(

Well, the good news is that Poundland respond to enquiries very quickly. The bad news...

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we no longer sell the AGFA Vista Plus Camera Film.

I do apologise for any inconvenience.

Kind Regards
[name removed]
Customer Relations
Poundland Limited, Dealz and 99p Stores Ltd

:(

..and the next question would be:- are they going to sell any film?

I asked them if they would be getting Agfa back in stock or a similar product but the only response was the one above.

H'mm our advice to newbies will have to change, I suppose the next cheapest film would be Superia 200 but if any convenient stores stock it, it would be at a silly price compared to say buying a pack from e.g. 7dayshop.

Popped into my local to pick up some more after seeing this but they were all sold out too... guess I'm going to have to stump up for something more expensive, I've only ever used this stuff though as it's so cheap. Any recommendations?

Popped into my local to pick up some more after seeing this but they were all sold out too... guess I'm going to have to stump up for something more expensive, I've only ever used this stuff though as it's so cheap. Any recommendations?

As Brian says, Superia 200 is quite cost effective. Kodak Colorplus is too - Nik & Trick currently have it for 3 x 24exp for £6.90 (although you'd have to pay postage costs, or spend about £20 to get free shipping). I've not used either, although I quite like the look of pictures I've seen taken with Colorplus - it has a slightly vintage look to it - so I've currently got an unshot roll in my 35 RC waiting to be used.

A good price for Superia 200 https://www.calphoto.co.uk/product/Fujifilm-Superia-200-135-36-Film-5-Pack/331-800Y i.e. 5 X 36 exp for £14.10 which works out @ £2.82 per roll... if Vista was 36 exp it would be the equivalent of £1.50 each. So looking at it one way, you get a better film for £1.32 more.
.........but the snag is, unless you can pick up then postage costs add to the price and h'mm it takes longer to get thru' 36 exp o_O ..but when I use 36 exp film I use it in 2-3 cameras to give them a workout.

Last edited:
.........but the snag is, unless you can pick up then postage costs add to the price

It pays to buy in bulk and freeze it, not just because the postage cost is split amongst more rolls, but because the price tends to go up over time anyway.

I found a brick of 10 x 36 exposure rolls of Fuji C200 for about £23 (might even be free postage). I think it is the same film as Agfa vista 200?

I found a brick of 10 x 36 exposure rolls of Fuji C200 for about £23 (might even be free postage). I think it is the same film as Agfa vista 200?

Yep All agree Vista is Fuji C200...for a short while Poundland were selling Vista 400 ISO and this was reckoned to be Superia 400 (y)

Last edited:
Yep All agree Vista is Fuji C200...for a short while Poundland were selling Vista 400 ISO and this was reckoned to be Superia 400 (y)

Since Poundland Vista is only 24 shots, unless you dev your own, it works out cheaper per shot to buy 36-shot Vista 400 (re-branded 400X) at £3.50 a roll!

Sorry, I should have added that this was for sale on eBay. Having just checked it's on for £23.97.

So C200 at £2.40/ 36 exp roll + £3 developing is 15p/ frame.

Vista at £1/ 24 exp roll + £3 developing is 17p/ frame.

Sorry, I should have added that this was for sale on eBay. Having just checked it's on for £23.97.

So C200 at £2.40/ 36 exp roll + £3 developing is 15p/ frame.

Vista at £1/ 24 exp roll + £3 developing is 17p/ frame.

C200 is overpriced IF you could get superia 200 for £2.82 and it would be fresh and you know it's been stored correctly....while you can get VG results many times from C200 it was Fuji's bottom of the range, then you have to ask yourself why did Fuji make C200 and Superia 200 at the same time...either it was a big con and there is no difference OR superia 200 is a better film.
I've used hundreds of rolls of Superia 200 and at least forty rolls of Vista and IMO superia 200 is superior OVERALL and always suggest it to people as a great general purpose film. Same comparing Kodak colorplus to Kodak gold.

Last edited:
I've used hundreds of rolls of Superia 200 and at least forty rolls of Vista and IMO superia 200 is superior OVERALL and always suggest it to people as a great general purpose film. Same comparing Kodak colorplus to Kodak gold.

I'm happy to admit that Superia is better film. Vista has given me some nice results in the right conditions but the superia that I've just had developed definitely looks better. I was just offering another cheap suggestion as everyone on this thread has been happily using Agfa vista which is the same film. It yes for the extra 42p per roll the Superia is a better option.

I'm happy to admit that Superia is better film. Vista has given me some nice results in the right conditions but the superia that I've just had developed definitely looks better. I was just offering another cheap suggestion as everyone on this thread has been happily using Agfa vista which is the same film. It yes for the extra 42p per roll the Superia is a better option.

Well anyone who can't get Poundand film anymore AND are sure they would like to continue to use film (not a quick play), then I'd go for the free delivery option over £50 @ https://www.calphoto.co.uk/product/Fujifilm-Superia-200-135-36-Film-5-Pack/331-800Y
For me I ran out of Superia 200 about 9 months ago, but have a stack of:- Kodak Gold 100, Vista,and Reala (for special times) and will use that up first.....erm wife moaning it's taking up a drawer in the freezer :(

similar reply to Nige from Poundland, but did add "if you can still get it from supplier but not making a profit at £1 a roll then why not 4 rolls for £5" ... Whether they will\would bother could be another question ;)

Thank you for taking the time to contact us at Poundland.
I am afraid that this item is no longer available in our warehouse.
I appreciate this may be disappointing and can assure you our buyers will endeavour to bring similar products to our customer in the future.
I will pass on your suggestion in regards to 4 rolls for £5.

Last edited:
If you're unlucky to enough to be passing through Rov'rum the poundland there still has a decent size pile out for sale. I popped in on the offchance and came out with 10 rolls. They'll do for testing a few cameras and for starting my friends off with film.

If you're unlucky to enough to be passing through Rov'rum the poundland there still has a decent size pile out for sale. I popped in on the offchance and came out with 10 rolls. They'll do for testing a few cameras and for starting my friends off with film.

Thanks Mathew. I picked up 5 rolls from the Rotherham branch today (I've now got 10 rolls stockpiled, so that should be enough to keep me going fo a while given I mostly use it for testing newly acquired cameras). I'd estimate there were still approx 50-100 rolls left on the shelf.

Boots do Lomography 400 packs of 3 for £13.90 currently with a buy one get one half price offer = £3.48 per film. Not sure if perhaps that's superia 400, just speculating.

Boots do Lomography 400 packs of 3 for £13.90 currently with a buy one get one half price offer = £3.48 per film. Not sure if perhaps that's superia 400, just speculating.
What's the cheapest price for branded Superia 400? I see the 3-packs for £11.99 on Amazon, but postage is only free for £20 minimum orders unless you have Prime.

Saw a good few left in the manor top branch in Sheffield today, dated 2018. I grabbed a few but the queues were ridiculous so i put it back.

I checked it and it's coming out as Ferrania. I reckon it's probably Kodak as I'm sure I read Lomo were using their film a while ago.

Just to confirm that the guy in the Inverness Poundland said he hadn't seen film for a while and was unsure whether they would ever get more in or not. Having looked at the prices for Fuji, I see that Ag Photographic are selling Kodak Colour Plus at £2.22 for 24 exp and £2.77 for 36 exp, but I seem to recall this wasn't such a popular film on here? http://www.ag-photographic.co.uk/kodak-color-plus-423-c.asp

Just to confirm that the guy in the Inverness Poundland said he hadn't seen film for a while and was unsure whether they would ever get more in or not. Having looked at the prices for Fuji, I see that Ag Photographic are selling Kodak Colour Plus at £2.22 for 24 exp and £2.77 for 36 exp, but I seem to recall this wasn't such a popular film on here? http://www.ag-photographic.co.uk/kodak-color-plus-423-c.asp

Better film Superia200 film for nearly the same price, but no free delivery under £50 https://www.calphoto.co.uk/product/Fujifilm-Superia-200-135-36-Film-5-Pack/331-800Y ...you missed a good buy when I mentioned ( about 4 months ago) that 7dayshop was selling superia 200 cheap with free del..... not listed now.

Better film Superia200 film for nearly the same price, but no free delivery under £50 https://www.calphoto.co.uk/product/Fujifilm-Superia-200-135-36-Film-5-Pack/331-800Y .

Ah yes, Calumet -- one of those companies who feel the need to charge £12.99 delivery to a range of postcodes beyond central Scotland, so they'll not be getting any trade from me I'm afraid. (n) Ag are dearer for the same 5-pack, but only charge £4.94 delivery to the Highlands, so that would be cheaper for me.

Last edited:
To be honest, I'll probably just stick with Ektar 100 for summer use and the Kodak Portra range for lower light conditions. I found that Poundland AGFA was handy for testing old cameras and the basic operation of lenses, but I didn't really think all that much of it for anything other than that. I've not tried Fuji print film for several years, so I might be up for giving that a go.

In which case, if the cheapest place to buy it from does free delivery for orders over £50, then how about us F&C lot forming local buying hubs? With PayPal and stuff like that I'm sure it wouldn't be too complicated to organise, and we could perhaps organise a regional meet up to dish the stuff out to those who've paid (as well as taking a few photos and enjoying meeting a few Forum friends for a coffee/tea/cake/beer, or all four!)? I appreciate this might not work as well for those living in the more remote parts of the UK, but the view from your bedroom window is probably more picturesque than mine and the air sweeter, so all things are relative! ;)

Last edited:
Ah yes, Calumet -- one of those companies who feel the need to charge £12.99 delivery to a range of postcodes beyond central Scotland, so they'll not be getting any trade from me I'm afraid. (n) Ag are dearer for the same 5-pack, but only charge £4.94 delivery to the Highlands, so that would be cheaper for me.

Ah! in the highlands, the Romans didn't appreciate the beauty and with those pesky picts, anyone stationed there called it the ars.....le of the world o_O erm what's this to do with 35mm film? err well it was in a film on tv and they might have shot it with 35mm film :D

Back