Is this the reason I can't find Agfa 200 at my local Poundland?

Ah! in the highlands, the Romans didn't appreciate the beauty and with those pesky picts, anyone stationed there called it the ars.....le of the world o_O erm what's this to do with 35mm film? err well it was in a film on tv and they might have shot it with 35mm film :D

Careful Brian, I'm a Highlander too! :)

I assume online is limited as otherwise you'd get selfish prats ordering all of it and putting it on ebay for £3 a roll.

Why would Poundland care? As long as they are selling it, everyone's money is the same.

Steve.

Good move as they confirmed to me by email that they will not be stocking anymore.

IMO Vista is VG for reds so handy for Autumn and backup if some Vista enthusiasts have run out and want some more.
y511eCNh5ktZuM9kMOsnA70VizmbJq3U7CvqU7p5z_gDIaMrYAIQw5GwuZu8YKBQ9csr5PJqGTg7IQorDZ4s3bqY7X7BpHvY3aRW2JK8EA4sJzbHdEWYExu04pXoEzUlTf-TksTKr0Y04YAdfQH49AX3UuzPZ_7oAFLu-tid_BxW20wqciXpY1LSLADdVfz-zmja5Y0EB0IoBDJdQWnbPxUsLNp_sbrUGMe_4fbRoPrgUyVv5Ab1fX4D-atEysI5slcgMiExi_PNC5OTiks5Gyo0q1TwPeeD_NXUqnjkfYaHK8Zn2M8mdRY7o4U5QP5VysPXkIy8U5bFm__sriifElK88dHQNA7RGPxPsxXsQsUkJdkft4lkrUGmhZQzNLVhws6NsvAQz5Ml_XfliKgtTWj05xkzZDJBRIryEH4x9Fkfdyp6m_ovbO5w4IWEERsnRf9YTNy4IBHLtNN99_MA6uMy5ozsWa-o5SsCaB5NDmyKFyL1seMCaDTfOa8_v_pQasv0rTpTQW3SslpJCxNn1TSABnskYA7GuSYhXbfhobokc8x3z1mzlQWlAFGc70uK_7QAaZ3JCeGybarHIqJMy9K4TLfMwJL6B4c20ZJgBkyTBFXVnmg=w1000-h670-no

kVZOgzulBjtt0nOB8BnzTZ500XOAOyIBxldVgvAVzkMFMOrz4cgF1DevPlGujq8cEgJCqZlshCVBWZT1sRrCvhg-SMSptgrhOoFc_xcV6vvhC2BNttKQXersdVhgTPh8K24IonmLiP_5g5NQK8qi92JdttuECBTJAoRFzBcA603463WTO1Q3CRhiVteJe5fjR7-g6rA5xjQkLVo8isQs7HjOvHHOcCLwBwndVqoWUzZmKJ-0XUW0F0ytc5IfRDnLAjItdSoIa3P9W5Nc2iJZ2AcjoZAv6KleYGahLxNeq2cj2iQ98kQO0Pm-apo1CzW1LkyKPzaHx58BND3JhQcgZ65MJD97J5c9SIZMH-yfhf2_OlH7NO4nZbUp9maJ30mb09sks1BXikvGk66vaQESKSIGe5azfdsv6BU0_Jtl3lsZfKZTfcFxLqojDXOB3Nb1eOMRKvxUY6BOGf92x7o7d4wRBu9pz4icXm_bI0_q3LHvGfpu45evOnDEHOZ8itiEJq1JBiJ4KnaM9IihPVOyeNq-6czQun4dTv_UIJ0xjLZ6ndTabk-0agMuuU8jjZemEzfxYJ5Qf_PdSkVvr8-75FpET2CjBgbcr-jCQsf4XvfikV8=w1000-h849-no

Last edited:
On my way to Asda to get my film dev, saw a Poundland extra" store anyway called in and they had about 26 rolls of Vista left..so bought the lot.

26 rolls snaffled? Well done you! (y)

Oh, and that silly rumour about me training a crack squad of fridge-raiding squirrels ready for a pre-autumn film raid in your area is probably grossly exaggerated, so there's absolutely no need to worry. :naughty:

;) :D

26 rolls snaffled? Well done you!

Well I asked a Poundland guy do you have any camera film and he said NO...h'mm :shifty: so don't ask an assistant but look for yourself near the CD\dvd area and I found them all in a handy box.....well saves me spending 5p on a carrier bag :rolleyes:

Visited Poundland today, but sadly was informed they don't stock it anymore...

Well if you decide that you really like using a film camera and want to become one of the immortals o_O Then I send you a quantity £1 each plus del of your choice 2nd class, recorded or whatever...it's 24 exp and dated to 12-2018.

I just realised I looked at wrong line under your avatar... and thought you were a female :D :D :D :D :exit:

Thank you for your offer... Sir. :D If you know roughly what delivery cost would be, than please feel free to pm me with payment details and amount for 5 rolls :).

Well if you decide that you really like using a film camera and want to become one of the immortals o_O Then I send you a quantity £1 each plus del of your choice 2nd class, recorded or whatever...it's 24 exp and dated to 12-2018.
The problem with posting film is the width puts it at £2.90 to post just one film with royal mail.

I just realised I looked at wrong line under your avatar... and thought you were a female :D :D :D :D :exit:

Thank you for your offer... Sir. :D If you know roughly what delivery cost would be, than please feel free to pm me with payment details and amount for 5 rolls :).

Have a think first as 5 rolls for £5 plus IIRC £2.80, 2nd class royal mail equals £1.56 per roll for 24 exp..well equating that to 36 exp would be £2.34 per roll..well early this year 7dayshop were selling superia 200 (better film) 36 exp that worked out £2.78 per roll...well if you could find a supplier just as cheap then Superia 200 is worth the extra 42p although superia 200 has been discontinued. Anyway email me what you decide as buying and selling should be classifieds section only

Have a think first as 5 rolls for £5 plus IIRC £2.80, 2nd class royal mail equals £1.56 per roll for 24 exp..well equating that to 36 exp would be £2.34 per roll..well early this year 7dayshop were selling superia 200 (better film) 36 exp that worked out £2.78 per roll...well if you could find a supplier just as cheap then Superia 200 is worth the extra 42p although superia 200 has been discontinued. Anyway email me what you decide as buying and selling should be classifieds section only

My calculations are wrong :oops: :$ Vista @ £1 for 24 shots equates to £1.50 for 36 exp. so using superia 200 instead of Vista would cost an extra 70p per roll.
BTW checked my receipt and had bought 45 rolls of Vista.:eek:

I've found one more small cardboard box that can hold up to 18, so if any regular poster and film enthusiast want some Vista then send me an email.

Last time I looked in our local Poundland here there were about 50 or so rolls. Having noticed there were none in the Coventry Poundland stores yesterday, I decided this morning to take the plunge, buy up the remaining stock, sell it on fleabay and use the profits to buy some proper film (Portra 400 was in my mind). Grabbed a basket and went in... all gone! :(

I should strike while the iron is hot rather than waiting until the cat's away, if you get my drift!

Stores that I've seen with loads before no longer seem to have any.

In Tredegar dated 06/2018. Restricting myself to just 10 rolls.IMG_20170803_164612.jpg

I saw a post on Facebook the other day where someone had contacted Poundland and they'd replied to say that all warehouse stock had now gone and any rolls still on the shelves of stores are all that remains.
It's lucky I've just got a job then as it looks like I'll have to pay 5 or 6 times more per roll. To top it off the machine in my local Asda has broken down and won't be being repaired. [emoji24]

Using my last roll of Agfa Vista in my F3 with my Tamron SP 01A at Stockton International Riverside Festival.

I guess if I'm going to have to start paying £5, £6 or £7 a roll I may as well try a variety.

Using my last roll of Agfa Vista in my F3 with my Tamron SP 01A at Stockton International Riverside Festival.

I guess if I'm going to have to start paying £5, £6 or £7 a roll I may as well try a variety.

Well you can have 7 rolls for what I paid for it, so inc 2nd class post would be £10

Thank you for the offer, but I've spent the last of my cash reserves on the Tamron Lens and the XA-1 (which can only be set to 100 or 400 ASA).

I have cameras that still have film loaded and I will take this opportunity to finish those. My Yashica TLRs and my Kiev 60 are all loaded too. I probably have 2 or 3 expired films. I have a couple of old Tudor films, remember those?

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Talk Photography Forums mobile app

H'mm paying out for dev and scan for Tudor films :eek: Maybe a lab can do a better job compared to Tudor..If you look at the cassette coded number (underneath the bar code) you can look up who made the film... https://dexter.pcode.nl/?dx= e.g. Vista is 806253
Just found the code on the net and is 606254 which would be the same film as Vista

Last edited:
I found another Agfa Vista in one of my backpacks, which is lucky as I used up the last and an XP2 at the Festival today.

The Boots in Stockton have switched to machine only and only stock Fuji 400 at £7.99 and Lomography 3 packs for £16, no XP2, HP5 or FP4. Hopefully others in the area will still stock it.

Better film Superia200 film for nearly the same price, but no free delivery under £50 https://www.calphoto.co.uk/product/Fujifilm-Superia-200-135-36-Film-5-Pack/331-800Y ...you missed a good buy when I mentioned ( about 4 months ago) that 7dayshop was selling superia 200 cheap with free del..... not listed now.

Calumet website now says they are awaiting stock of the Superia 200 36 exp 5 pack @£14.10, while also listing individual rolls at £10! I get the feeling the 5 pack may never appear at this price, while individual rolls are £4.35 at Ag or 5 pack at £17.79 +£2.99 postage at 7dayshop. £4 extra gets a 5 pack of Superia X-Tra 400 from 7dayshop and I'm wondering whether this might be worth the extra?

Calumet website now says they are awaiting stock of the Superia 200 36 exp 5 pack @£14.10, while also listing individual rolls at £10! I get the feeling the 5 pack may never appear at this price, while individual rolls are £4.35 at Ag or 5 pack at £17.79 +£2.99 postage at 7dayshop. £4 extra gets a 5 pack of Superia X-Tra 400 from 7dayshop and I'm wondering whether this might be worth the extra?

You can get a 10-pack of Agfa Vista 400 from AG at £34, plus postage of course. It's Superia 400X in disguise, and my go-to day to day film! Which reminds me, I'm almost out of stock...

You can get a 10-pack of Agfa Vista 400 from AG at £34, plus postage of course. It's Superia 400X in disguise, and my go-to day to day film! Which reminds me, I'm almost out of stock...
Price has gone up since posted! :(

Price has gone up since posted! :(

Drat!

Macodirect sell it for €3.65 for a 36-shot roll )cheaper for 24-shot) but with their expensive delivery and the low £ that would work out at ~£45.50 from them vs £42.24 from AG )when it's in stock) and £46 from discountfilmsdirect. Looks like @Retune's deal is the way to go! Although I don't like to use Ama$on...

Drat!

Macodirect sell it for €3.65 for a 36-shot roll )cheaper for 24-shot) but with their expensive delivery and the low £ that would work out at ~£45.50 from them vs £42.24 from AG )when it's in stock) and £46 from discountfilmsdirect. Looks like @Retune's deal is the way to go! Although I don't like to use Ama$on...

I've asked Ag to email me when stock arrives, so we'll see how that is priced. The Amazon one works out at £35.97 for 9 films delivered so effectively £4 each, but I think I'd rather support Ag for the extra postage, since at least they'll probably pay the tax on this cost.

Email received to say the Agfa 400 is now in stock at Ag and price is £37.30 for a 10 pack + £4.94 postage, so £42.24 delivered. I also noticed that the delivery for 20 seems to be the same price, but just went with a 10 pack for now.

I'm ashamed to say I bought 2 3-packs of Superia 400 from Ama$on, quite against my principles! Should have waited, I'd much rather have bought from AG.

I've not bought film from Amason (spelt incorrectly to avoid providing them with a clickable link!) since they had a 'For Prime Customers Only' restriction on buying the Kodak Ektar 100 film I wanted last year. I was a regular customer of theirs for all sorts of stuff for what I think must have been over 15 years, but they really annoyed me with that, so they lost my custom for everything! They are now about the last website I visit when I'm looking for something and I've only shopped with them once since then because I couldn't get the required item elsewhere in time. There are so many good alternative internet shops/retailers around these days.

Last edited:
Update to say I ordered at 10 to 4 yesterday, had a Dispatch email at quarter past 4 and postie delivered in bespoke cardboard packaging at half past 9 this morning in Inverness. (y) Film is dated 2019 - 10 for anyone wondering.

Back