ISO / Pushing

right, well not sure where this is going but....

From reading a post by fingerz on the last page it seemed you thought that the ISO speed indicated the noise, it doesn't, which has been said. However i don't think anyone mentioned that it indecates the sensitivity of the film, please don't shoot me if you already realised this, but i thought it needed mentioning as i didn't think you realised this :)

Thats why, in responce to your other question about how digital and film have similar exposure times, it's because whatever the camera, film or digital, if it is at ISO100 it should have the same sensitivity as any other camera :) The amount of noise it produces is dependant on the quality of the film/sensor.

P.S. will post my trainers in a minute to keep the consistancy of this thread! :p

Gregeff said:
right, well not sure where this is going but....

From reading a post by fingerz on the last page it seemed you thought that the ISO speed indicated the noise, it doesn't, which has been said. However i don't think anyone mentioned that it indecates the sensitivity of the film, please don't shoot me if you already realised this, but i thought it needed mentioning as i didn't think you realised this :)

Thats why, in responce to your other question about how digital and film have similar exposure times, it's because whatever the camera, film or digital, if it is at ISO100 it should have the same sensitivity as any other camera :) The amount of noise it produces is dependant on the quality of the film/sensor.

P.S. will post my trainers in a minute to keep the consistancy of this thread! :p

sorry, my bad. I'm well known for lowering the tone of things. But you are completely correct, and no, nobody's mentioned it yet!

as promised:

My shoes! (well technically my 'Shoe' as i fogot to put the other one in the shot...)
shoe.jpg

Thats especiallly for you Fingerz!! :banana:

Back