It's Happened Again!

Patronizing much?

I followed the 'Dev it' app on my phone which states 12 minutes (which i followed, my mistake when i said 11). And the temp is the best i can do in my house, but i keep it consistent throughout running water, developer and fixer.

Not intentionally, it's just the way I phrase things.

I haven't looked through your other threads so wasn't sure why you were developing with those temperatures . Or even if you were an 'old hand' at developing... so I was trying to rule things out.
Anyway... you did ok with your last roll so see how you get on.

Rather than start a new thread, i thought i would bump this one up and hopefully everyone that commented will see this latest post.

Firstly, thank you for all your comments and advice, it was much appreciated. secondly,i have resolved the issue.

It was the tanks fault!

Remember this?
The Bay of Bromide Drag!!! by Dave Gilbert, on Flickr

I bought a new developing tank and developed a roll of Silvermax 100 in Adox Silvermax and they came out spot on!

Far From Abbey Road by Dave Gilbert, on Flickr
Playa Fanabe by Dave Gilbert, on Flickr
The Boy at the Bottom of the Steps by Dave Gilbert, on Flickr

I was using an older version Paterson System 4. Just bought a newer one and it's done the trick. The grain was totally my fault though, i got the dilution wrong.

Hmm - I have a Paterson tank too, but a newish one. I keep getting bromide drag, most recently on stand developing with Rodinal. I suspect my agitation (too much) or not enough liquid in the tank, though.

It's a process of elimination. I scratched my head for long enough over this, and the tank was the last thing i thought of. Just try more fluid and gentler agitation.

Back