I've been asked to sell some shots :)

dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
Some folk are easily pleased. :eek:ops:

namely this sort of thing, but I've got two questions.
First is how much would be reasonable for an A4 print?
Second is the club want to use a number of them on their website. I'm not charging as it's not a rich club and more importantly my wife wouldn't let me :wink: However am I entitled to ask them to state copyright etc even though they get them for nothing?

kirstie.jpg

justabouthome2.jpg

well done Dod, i got paid £10 for the shot i had in DP mag, and ive done a lot of free for my work, but then im a sucker, lol, and ive done a few for a couple of others too....again for free.......hmmmmmmmm

Thanks, I was thinking about a tenner as well so it looks like I wasn't too far off. Not a bad day out actually, photography and jodhpurs ;)

Make sure they list you as the photographer on the site or if there are more photos on that site taken by other people, ensure you have your name on each of your pictures.

Whilst just starting out and with the people buying at club level, £10 per A4 print (if you are happy with that) is probably ok but don’t under sell yourself and never give away copy write to your images for anywhere near that price. You are selling a print not an image/photo ;)

I ahve a couple of freinds who are into the horse show, dressage scene.
They pay £12.50 on a regular basis for A4 prints from the shows they frequent.

For website use, I would include your copyright on the image before releasing.

I would say that it is the same picture unless somebody else was standing right next to you with a camera happened to take that shot at exactly the same time and happened to have contact with that site as well. :wink:

thanks. :) My first reaction was the wife had mailed it but she's adamant she didn't, in fact she gave me a hard time for not telling her I'd sent it.

Edit: I've mailed the webmaster to find out where she got it.

Edir 2: hmph, they've taken it down without replying.

Back