I've been published and won a prize!

Name
Odille
Edit My Images
No
and sold a framed print.

My image Blue Dawn
work.5412570.3.flat,550x550,075,f.blue-dawn-kinloch-nz.jpg

won the Reader's Image of the Month in the May edition of Better Digital Camera (Australian & just out, it’s a quarterly).

I've won a very nice prize of 10x10 inch EX book from Asukabook (valued at over $300.00).

And I have sold a 16.00" x 10.38" print of
work.5412665.2.flat,550x550,075,f.queenstown-new-zealand.jpg

in a 22" x 16.38" frame on my "Fine Art America" webpage. Whoever bought it paid $85 plus postage and I get $20 out of that. They work like RedBubble and arrange all the framing and so on and do all the work for you, it’s very convenient.

I think I'll go and have a lottery ticket!

Last edited:
Well I think you deserve it !! Well done, it's a fantastic image....:)

Although to be quite honest, I don't think you were paid enough for it...., but it's better than a kick in the pants, and the recognition is nice :)

Congratulations Odille, very nice photo, may you have many more....

Well done!!

Well I think you deserve it !! Well done, it's a fantastic image....:)

Although to be quite honest, I don't think you were paid enough for it...., but it's better than a kick in the pants, and the recognition is nice :)

I do wish I could get more for prints, but at present I do not have the facilities to handle the printing, framing etc myself. And as I live about 110kms from Brisbane, where the pro labs are, it's just not practical for me. And postage to north america would no doubt be prohibitive. So I have chosen to go this way for the moment. One day . . . .

And thanks everyone for the kind comments.

The lake image is a beaut. Bet it would look brilliant full wall sized.

Nice one Odille! I've still got a copy of the magazine I first got published in, just to show off to people :p

You never forget your first :)

God she was fat hahahaha

Unlucky dude! Mine was, for want of a better word, fit. :LOL: Shame she turned out to be a wh**e, but oh well! :eek:

Well done Odille. Top effort. (y)

Great picture and congratulations! (y)

I've still got a copy of the magazine I first got published in, just to show off to people
I've only had one pic published and that was to accompany a letter to Fortean Times; does that still count? :nuts:

I didn't know it'd been printed until a friend asked when I'd sent it in - must have been about 2 years after I'd sent the email. :)

Back