Daily Jake's 365 Challenge

Archie is very cute and your comments about him made me smile! :)

I like your mug - I always see posts about people giving them, getting them, wanting them and yet, I have never met anyone with one!

~Sam~ said:
Archie is very cute and your comments about him made me smile! :)

I like your mug - I always see posts about people giving them, getting them, wanting them and yet, I have never met anyone with one!

He's adorable isn't he? :)

Well you've finally found someone with one. And they're awesome!

Stunning!!!

Thank you very much :)

Very nice

That is a great cityscape Jake, well worth the drive :)

Many thanks, I love going to London, and isn't overly far from me, straight down the M4. Thanks for the add on Flickr too by the way!

Excellent - I must get out into town at night soon.

Many thanks, Night shots make cities look so beautiful. It's a shame Swindon has nothing nice to photograph!

12/365

12/365 by JRTurnerPhotography, on Flickr

Not quite as much effort put in today, didn't even leave the house!

Today's shot, my sparkly new pair of Puma Suede trainers. This is six shots stacked on top of each other, my first time ever doing this, I think I did ok, missed a focus on the heel of the rear shoe though! Something to remember for next time.

Cool, I've never tried that either. It's certainly very effective though.

Any chance of a link to where you learnt how to do it?

Like both days, favourite is the london shot, I love a good night shot. The stacking on the trainers is good, I didn't notice the heel. I had a go at this the other week & it's not easy, I kept getting missed bits in the middle :)

Wow, 11 is amazing - love the reflections and the blues on the water. really great shot. :)

I also didn't notice the heel on your last photo!

Cool, I've never tried that either. It's certainly very effective though.

Any chance of a link to where you learnt how to do it?

Thank you, here is a link to the editing guide I used. With regards to taking the photos, I manual focused in six different places.

Like both days, favourite is the london shot, I love a good night shot. The stacking on the trainers is good, I didn't notice the heel. I had a go at this the other week & it's not easy, I kept getting missed bits in the middle :)

Thanks :) I'm please with the London shot! It's hard to remember where you've already focused isn't it?

Wow, 11 is amazing - love the reflections and the blues on the water. really great shot. :)

I also didn't notice the heel on your last photo!

Thank you very much, London is very photogenic at night!
I'm glad no one is noticing it, I think i'm my own worst critic!

Certainly worth the wait and an photo I've wanted to get since spending four weeks in bed about 500 metres up stream from it on the south bank, while watching the HoP :D and today's works well too (y)

You should definitely head into london one night, could even meet for some shots, theres plenty of free parking after 6.30pm! Thanks for the comments Matt (y)

Thanks for that Jake

Todays photo is very warming. It's not that easy to take a photo of a flame, but you've captured it nicely.

Don't mention it, that guide is only for CS6, but I'm sure it can't be much different :)

Thanks, I was surprised how well it had come out when I got it onto the big screen!

You are right, Jake, the red really works for this photo - very warming as Sarah says. I like it and the central position against the black background works well for me. :)

Exposure on that candle flame is spot on.

You are right, Jake, the red really works for this photo - very warming as Sarah says. I like it and the central position against the black background works well for me. :)

I tried a green candle first time round, and it didn't look half as good as the red one! ( I'm not a candle loving guy btw, they're poppy's :LOL: )
I'm glad you like it, sometimes breaking the rules works, and I felt like it did with this shot!

Love Day 11

Some excellent shots there! The candle isn't a bad shot, but going back you got some really strong ones. I really like Day 11 of London eye. I've seen a lot of bad versions of that shot, so it's nice to see a really nice one of it! Love day 7 as well, really nice portrait. Day 10, love that mug, I want one!

Some excellent shots there! The candle isn't a bad shot, but going back you got some really strong ones. I really like Day 11 of London eye. I've seen a lot of bad versions of that shot, so it's nice to see a really nice one of it! Love day 7 as well, really nice portrait. Day 10, love that mug, I want one!

Hi Conor, thanks for you comments, especially regarding the London Eye shot! I'm glad I pulled it off :D Get on amazon, £10 for the mug, can't go wrong!

The London Eye is fab you have held the colours well, i also like the flame , its perfectly exposed

Looks like a snail convention! Good one :) Looks like you have focus stacking sorted. I tried it once, but got a few blurry areas :(

Thanks Matt! Awesome we'll have to sort something out! Maybe when its a tad warmer though!

I'm down in London for an appointment in the first week of June I think but that will be mid week unless you fancy a mid weeker ;)

Todays works well I like it :D

Back