Daily Jake's 365 Challenge

Fantastic first attempt at the light trails. I've never tried it, but it's going on my list of things to do and get frustrated by! :LOL:

Perhaps you could try it showing less of the interior of the car, otherwise you are always going to get camera caused motion blur - I think

Perhaps you could try it showing less of the interior of the car, otherwise you are always going to get camera caused motion blur - I think

It needs to be attached to the car, not just resting I believe. I've seen shots without the interior and I feel this adds more context to the shot :)

beautiful shot Jake :)

MWHCVT said:
That's a very nice panorama (y) as to how to get the interior sharper on the ICLE it's all about smooth road and getting the camera really secure (y)

Thank you Matt!
It's hard to find a flat bit of road in Swindon. Ill keep looking for a nice flat bit for the future!
I could do with more people to hold the tripod down :LOL:

Stunning pano! and love the first attempt in the car... be good to see it after a couple of attemps!

Today's is fantastic and you are right - it looks even better against the black. I love the unevenness of the landscape, the bursts of colour as the undergrowth shows through the snow and the treeline. Superb! (y)

Stunning pano! and love the first attempt in the car... be good to see it after a couple of attemps!

Thanks very much! I'm glad you like it :)

Lovel pano today - I'm very jealous of all the snow :(

Thanks very much! Have you not had any, virtually all of the UK has!

Today's is fantastic and you are right - it looks even better against the black. I love the unevenness of the landscape, the bursts of colour as the undergrowth shows through the snow and the treeline. Superb! (y)

Thank you very much! I'm glad you like it! I had the grown up moment of taking a few pictures. Then I put all my stuff to one side out of the snow and jumped down a massive hill on my bum :LOL:

Great panaroma and I think i commented on your light trails on flickr

Keep em coming :)

Agree, that's a lovely pano. Love the rolling landscape across the shot. You could even push the exposure on that a little bit to put the whiteness of snow even more in your face. Regardless of that though it's still a really lovely scene you've captured :)

Great panaroma and I think i commented on your light trails on flickr

Keep em coming :)

Thanks Tezz :) And yes you did (y)

Agree, that's a lovely pano. Love the rolling landscape across the shot. You could even push the exposure on that a little bit to put the whiteness of snow even more in your face. Regardless of that though it's still a really lovely scene you've captured :)

Thank you very much :) I did play around with the exposure for a while, but I decided on this amount. I didn't want it too lose how natural it looked :)

Day 19

19/365 by JRTurnerPhotography, on Flickr

Last night, Poppy turned up at my door out of the blue (she lives in Winchester at University) to surprise me. So today we headed out in the snow to a local woods and had a walk and took some photos. She decided this one of her should be my POTD, so here it is, Day 19, complete.

Good job she put her head to one side, otherwise that tree would've been coming straight out the top of it ;)

Nice portrait though.

Sonriendo said:
Good job she put her head to one side, otherwise that tree would've been coming straight out the top of it ;)

Nice portrait though.

I wish if stepped to the left slightly. I didn't even notice the tree until I got home and started editing. :(. Thanks :)

its very rare to see a Poppy in the snow .... :LOL: :LOL:

Lovely por trait in natural surrondings

Lovely shot Jake :)

its very rare to see a Poppy in the snow .... :LOL: :LOL:

Lovely por trait in natural surrondings

You don't often see them do you :LOL:

It is a bit of a shame about the tree but it's a lovely capture nonetheless

I didn't even think! Kicking myself now. Thanks :)

Lovely shot Jake :)

Thank you Carol :)

Sorry, I'm a bit behind.. Love those light trails! Another one for my todo list!

No worries :) Thank you very much! I'm quite behind too, need to catchup on everyones photos.

I think it works really well (y) other than the aforementioned timber ;) now back to the ICLE, I find those rubber straps to be very good (y)

Thanks Matt :) What rubber straps are these? I added that person you sent me yesterday on Facebook, just waiting for them to accept so I can have a look.

Love the panorama & nice surprise visitor for you yesterday.

Thanks :) It was a nice surprise! Wasn't expecting it at all!

Got some great shots coming along here, I think a touch more attention to detail/composition and they will be fab. The tree/head situation already discussed so wont go on about that :bonk:, like the light trails but the forehead in the rearview mirror could be avoided in future along with camera shake but its all practice (y)

Suer pano - gutted, up here we've got no snow at all and I've had a week off work!

Ferj said:
Got some great shots coming along here, I think a touch more attention to detail/composition and they will be fab. The tree/head situation already discussed so wont go on about that :bonk:, like the light trails but the forehead in the rearview mirror could be avoided in future along with camera shake but its all practice (y)

Suer pano - gutted, up here we've got no snow at all and I've had a week off work!

With the car shot, I've never done one before, nor seen any guides, so I didn't think it was bad considering :)
It's snowing again down here at the minute. I'm hoping to be snowed off work again :LOL:

The photo of Poppy is a good one which will give you memories of the time she surprised you. To me, the 365 (unless you have a very specific reason otherwise) should not only be a means to improve, try new things, take a different view, but also a great way to record those things that mean something. And if that means I have a great day and a shot that could have/should have been technically 'better', so be it! :) That said, 'technically' you have done a good job of getting her AND the tree on the vertical rule of thirds! ;):LOL:

Love today's, particularly those star bursts you have going on there. I also loke the lighter sky and the duller foreground which still retains enough that I can see it well.

Back