weekly Jaycee' 52 for '22 .........Finished

Almost there! ... Lovely curves on the guitar - an interesting finish - has it been rubbed down?

Tools interests me. Are those for woodwork or sharpening pencils? I've just been getting into drawing and saw something similar for pencils. If so, are they any good?
They look to be all different sizes, so I'm guessing they are for woodwork? Something that was never taught to girls in my day, sadly.

Nice shots John. Guitar particularly.

Thanks for the comments guys.

I started building guitars as a hobby some years ago and that is one of the Bass' that I made. The back is Ash which has an open grain so I painted it with acrylic paint then sanded it back which means the paint stays in the grain then a few coats of varnish.

The tools are finger planes, I am attempting to make a violin which these will be used on. I put the pencil there for size reference

Thanks for the comments guys.

I started building guitars as a hobby some years ago and that is one of the Bass' that I made. The back is Ash which has an open grain so I painted it with acrylic paint then sanded it back which means the paint stays in the grain then a few coats of varnish.

The tools are finger planes, I am attempting to make a violin which these will be used on. I put the pencil there for size reference
I'd forgotten, but I do remember seeing one of your works of art at the beginning of the year now you mention it. I have an ash Musicman bass (in natural) so the grain looks familiar. You're very talented. Good luck with the violin.

Last edited:
Back