weekly Jaycee' 52 for 23 .......

Well composed, sharp detail on the backlit seeds to show their veins, with lovely smooth tones in the BG. Nice.

Week six Knobs
Bit of dusting needed :confused:
The tops are Wenge as is the switch tip, and the sides are Ash and Sapele

P1000310 by John, on Flickr

Yup, some dusting required... unusual knobs though. My kitchen worktop is Wenge - I don't see it very often.

Week Seven Letters

I was going for the letter "Sea" but decided on "X" instead

Week Seven letters by John, on Flickr

Thanks guys, I was going for the sea shot but a few of the scene settings and decided on X

I love the letters shot... looks amazing.
Kitchen.. nice shadows and an impressive collection.

Lovely warm light, nice having the knives in the light, and the house in the shadow area

Thanks for the comments, @Darkslinger I did move the slider a bit more than I would have usually. I like colours true to how they are, but the light just seemed to wash the colour out of the Yellow, so I decided to warm it up a bit.

Certainly meets the brief, for Broken!!

That must have been out of operation for some time to have got like that!

Getting a catch-up on some comments!

Snappers Choice - Brings back memories of throwing the "helicopter seeds" in the air. Nicely composed and focused.

Knob(s) - "Everyday is a school day", I've never heard of 'Wenge' before. The brighter air distracts me a bit and personally preferred it "zooming" in to the image.

Letters - A very subtle and interesting take on the theme.

Kitchen - Should they all not be pointing in the same direction? Good use of the natural light, I'm sure with specific processing you can probably make this very scary looking!

Broken - Definitely seen better days!

Full - What's the purpose of the metal structure, am I missing something obvious?

That's definitely full... and yet we still need more, especially here in East Anglia!

Castle -upon-Alun, nice area will be visiting it again.

Not sure what the metal structure is, poss' stopping large logs from going downstream?

Last edited:
Nice shots John. I've never been up to that level in Castle Arcade.

Last edited:
Ooh, I've got lots of those dicentra Jon, although mine are only just coming into flower now
Snapper's choice - nice close up shot.

Last edited:
Spring and snappers. Two good plant shots. Lovely detail in the dandeliion.

Week 16 Connected.

Seeds still connected to the pistil (?)

First outing with my macro lens

Week 16 connected by John, on Flickr

Good detail in the feathery bits (they must have a name?) and the water drops on the end are really nice. A little more DOF would be nice for me, but I can well appreciate the difficulties with getting this in what looks like the natural setting

Back