Daily JohnN's attempt at a 366 project for 2012 (failed - I missed a day!)

Some of them may have been quick shot's but you can tell that there has still been thought and consideration into have you've taken the photo (y) now before I'd even seen the title my first thought on that doll was it was chucky :eek:

Matt

lol, that doll is EVIIIL!!

And thank you... one more quick shot coming up!

You're right though even when I just grab whatever is to hand I usually take at least four or five shots before choosing the best of the bunch.

Day 52 - Lying around by magsnorton, on Flickr

Well, just been through and fixed a load of broken flickr links (again), I suspect I'll be doing more later, but have to shoot out now.

Last three days images coming soon!

Fair bit of tweaking on day 52 i reckon - like the effect though.

Also liking the latest shot (day 55) something clean and simple about the lines (nice rule of thirds) while the sky still has a lot of detail when you look closely.

lol, yep just a wee bit on 52 ;)

55 was just a moment, I was off looking for a kestrel when I looked up and saw that, just lucky.

Nah, you can yell at 'em while taking pics!

Actually its funny how quickly they go from happy to screeching, you barely get time to lower the lens.

When I post up the rest of the 1D3 stuff on flickr you'll see the happy one, they just don't make as striking an image.

Last edited:
I love Day 56, I'm having a really rubbish time at the moment, so it may be the evil side of me coming out but that one really made me laugh :LOL: so thanks for that you've cheered me up for a few minutes (y)

Matt

Loving day 56, children are so temperamental. This is my first time going through your whole thread, lots of great shots there. Keep up the good work.

Phil

Cheers guys - I've not given up yet although work is really trying to make that happen!!

I've a few more shots to put up soon, nothing spectacular, just snaps when I get a second before rushing of to the next job, but at least its keeping the camera near which is good and I've found these quick snaps quite rewarding as it makes me think more about the mundane around me.

Last edited:
lol, thats a hair dryer :)

Again sub par :(

Lovely shot I spotted on the way home from another long day, but being knackered and only the point and shoot to hand really spoilt it.

Day 68 - Homeward bound by magsnorton, on Flickr

A bit better - my wife found a dead bee on the floor and being splndid (or od!) wife thought I might like it - she was right!!!

I think if I could have positioned it better it would have been a better shot.

Anyway it gave me an excuse to bring out the rails I bought ages ago but never used and the teleconvertor and tubes :)

Day 69 - A not so happy bee by magsnorton, on Flickr

Last edited:
Thanks, although I was a little disappointed though - I guess I'll just have to get a MP-E 65 at some point!!

Last edited:
I have to admit that butterfly really brought back out teh macro in me - hence the 5D up for sale to part fund a MP-E 65 + MT-24!!

Anyway I'm back so heres the backlog :)

Day 72 - Erm.. its a phone! by magsnorton, on Flickr

Now this next one isn't the real pick of the day, but look at it... now look again - whats wrong with it??

Day 72.2 - Success... the winning formula :) by magsnorton, on Flickr

You really think they would be able to spell success :bonk:

Right, now back on track...

Day 73 - Coffee - just before midnight by magsnorton, on Flickr

Day 74 - Days away by magsnorton, on Flickr

Day 75 - Networking by magsnorton, on Flickr

Day 76 - Goodbye old friend by magsnorton, on Flickr

I'm actually in the market for a new camera but I'm looking at the mk2, thruth be told I'm hoping to get new if the funds become avalible before it goes out of stock :bonk: I'm one of the few that didn't want the launch so soon :bang:

Some great images as always (y)

I've seen the MP-E65 in action at one of the TP meets I did and all I can say is wow (y)

Matt

I'm really looking forward to getting frustrated by it!

Back