Daily JohnN's attempt at a 366 project for 2012 (failed - I missed a day!)

Some really great photos in here, but day 28 stands out for me. What really makes it is the moon creeping out behind a cloud. Superb!

I did, it looked better in colour

Firstly I apologise - I really really could not choose - I loved the shot of my daughter walking in the park and the one of my mutt playing just reminded me of an old National Geographic shot of an Arctic wolf.

There was another really cracking shot of my dog but with hindsight I'd fluffed the focus and got her nose rather than her eye (again!) - I've decided her eye moves :)

Anyway here they all three (yes I know I'm cheating!!) - why oh why couldn't these have been on different days?!?

Day 35.2 - Artic Hound by magsnorton, on Flickr

Day 35.3 - A Walk in the Park by magsnorton, on Flickr

EDIT: Removed the plough shot - on further look its okay but not up to these two.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Aye, I had to bring the exposure up in post processing to get any sort of detail and that nigh on destroyed the wee fellow at the back.

Hopefully tomorrow will bring better luck and I'll have more time - I have to head into town in the day so perhaps some street (if I get the nerve up to point a monstrous lens I've renamed the over-compensator at something that can complain back!)

Not as busy as I'd hoped, plus I missed focus on a few, lol then there was the guy that came to talk to me for 15mins - pleasant chat but didn't help me take any pics :)

Anyway heres possibly the best of the bunch.

Day 38 - Market Trader by magsnorton, on Flickr

Last edited:
Well, I got all the gear together - tripod, gimbal head, remote release, even the 1.4 teleconvertor and I all got for an hour shivering was....

THIS STINGING STICK!!!

Oh and then it started snowing!

Ah, then I realised the problem, there was a cat in the tree! But why was it there I wondered?

Jack Skellington!!!!!

Well that explains it, I'll just have to try another day when there isn't an army of stuffed creatures hanging around in the garden!

Last edited:
Looks like you've had an interesting couple of days since my last visit :LOL: I'm thinking that it's time to get my nifty back of the long term lend it's been on :LOL: since seeing your portrait from it :D I've not seen it in nearly 2 months :LOL:

Matt

Tis indeed, a £2 pining LED thing from Amazon :)

That did turn out pretty well - nothing done to it either other than an upload :)

Really really short on time today - just in from work and busy tonight so a bit of a rush job!

Day 44 - Little Sleeper by magsnorton, on Flickr

lol, thanks thats my fridge !

The better half just commented that you;re just confused as there's not a phone in it!!

Thank you, the tail end of this week has been a bit draining at work so its just been a case of get something done... anything just to no let the project slip, so with that inspiring message in mind I present yesterdays and today's...

Day 47 - More Memory by magsnorton, on Flickr

Day 48 - Watch Shot by magsnorton, on Flickr

Last edited:
I know - if I'd have got the eyes right you'd see one's half shut - that this is evil in the real world!!

Back