John's 2010 52, Week 27 Art (July 10th)

My vote goes to Mother Nature! I love the first cloud picture and would actually like a bit more of the tree in the shot - to identify it firmly as sky not water. The second one is gorgeous, but again I'd like a bit more of the skyline in the shot (sorry if this is visible in the 'click' version, I've not looked yet). :)

The tryptych is definitely Arty, but it doesn't sing to me in the same way as the Noctilucent Clouds (what a great word!) :)

A busy but good week, John. :clap:

Jean

Thanks very much Jean... Sorry, no more skyline available in either. Thanks to the ground not being level, and no way to check on the precise level of the tripod (I didn't take a torch out with me) when I stitched the images into the pano, I ended up with a lovely stepped view. I maximised what I could squeeze in, but...

Noctilucent or Night glowing clouds which is exactly what they do ;)

The mother nature clouds image number 1 looks great, baring the trees in the corner which may look better removed just to leave a very nice sky and clouds, this is some i would expect to see on a canvas .

Thanks very much David (y)

Mother nature #1 definitely for me, particularly if you get rid of the tree. Wonderful colours and textures and would look great on a wall. (y)

Just seen you have sorted the bright spot on the leaf of the tulip in the previous shot - much better now, don't you think?

Thanks, I'll look at removing that tree later and posting it up. Yep, much better with the spot burnt a bit. I knew something wasn't quite there, but couldn't work it out.

Hi John, I really like both of your arty shots. Firstly, I realised that it was a bit off a PC and I thought the RGB connotation very clever but did not realise you did not do that with PP.

Next, I am a sucker for anything that Mother Nature throws at us (as you probably know) so I just love the sky. It is very abstract and I could easily hang that one on my wall. :clap::clap::clap:

Jenny

Two strong shots for art. I like the simplicity and bold colours of the tryptych and the first shot of the clouds is great. I'd prefer the trees gone & I'm not so keen on the wider view for the same reason - I want to concentrate on the lovely clouds!

Phil

Hi John, I really like both of your arty shots. Firstly, I realised that it was a bit off a PC and I thought the RGB connotation very clever but did not realise you did not do that with PP.

Next, I am a sucker for anything that Mother Nature throws at us (as you probably know) so I just love the sky. It is very abstract and I could easily hang that one on my wall. :clap::clap::clap:

Jenny

Thanks very much Jenny.

Two strong shots for art. I like the simplicity and bold colours of the tryptych and the first shot of the clouds is great. I'd prefer the trees gone & I'm not so keen on the wider view for the same reason - I want to concentrate on the lovely clouds!

Phil

Thanks very much Phil, I'll look into the adjustments to the images for the NLC at some point, just not had the time yet.

How I did the colouring of the triptych...

I discovered it by accident, as you do, and as I was trying to get the angle right, and firing a couple of test shots, I happened to get a pringles tube (red) behind the drive and the flash reflected back from it. The effect was quite surprising. As I had a salt and vinegar tube, and a sour cream and chive tube handy (blue and green) I shot a couple more... then decided to make them into a triptych. I think that doing it this way, you get subtle differences in the actual image and that, to me at least, makes the image a little more interesting with the variations.

The first NLC for me John. (y) With a bit more of the tree in it (or no tree at all ;))

I like the colours in the pano but it seems a bit cluttered although blown up I bet it looks great

Thanks Jill (y)

For those that asked, here's the NLC single shot without the tree... I don't have a shot with more tree in it.

IMG_5679-Version2.jpg

The way the Pano ended up going together caused me to have to crop it like that... I can't get a crop to keep the full pattern and lose the foreground. I left the trees in thinking I might enter it into the Astro Photo competition as an Earth and Space entry, therefore needs something liking it to the Earth.

Back