Just been out on my bike.....

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
4 miles I did, and now Im all sweaty and panting. Oh my god how unfit am I?

My legs were burning, I can taste that bleachy taste when I get *really* out of breath, and my legs now feel like jelly....lol

Damn I need to lose some weight and get fit...

That's all, just thought I'd share that with you :p

Piggy-1.gif

I had this horrible feeling you were going to post a picture!

thinking of being healthy - must be time for another curry meet

I can taste that bleachy taste when I get *really* out of breath,

You really ought to stop drinking Parazone before going for a cycle ride mate. It repeats on you terribly ;) :p :D

My legs were burning, I can taste that bleachy taste when I get *really* out of breath, and my legs now feel like jelly....lol

TdF here you come ... :LOL: ... NOT ... :D

AND ... :LOL: @ BB ... (y)

:p

Well done Marcel! :clap:

I came back from France and bought a road bike :eek: I now dress up in Lycra and really embarass my kids. 20miles on Friday, 43 on Sunday and if I stop typing right now and get home I might get an hour or so tonight.....................

Rob, Tim, this is what you get for mocking me :p

me_in_lycra.jpg

Me....in lycra...

First we have CT in lycra, now Marcel...what is the world coming to??? :LOL:

Sporting a muffin top!

BTW I still have the lycra shorts :D
It was df who gave me the tips when I first got the bike in 2003, to do a charity bike ride.

BTW Thats me, CT, and df in lycra, all we need now is dod, Glo :naughty:, Robert, moomike, Matt, and er, Matty...

Actually, anyone who posts matty in that lycra suspenders panties and a bra is gonna be punished...lol

How did I get dragged into this?

Someone pleeeeeeease find the suspenders panties and a bra shots :D

you can't come out with a comment like that without the pictorial proof to back it up.

:agree: :D

*runs in terror from thread, shredding lycra shorts*

argh! *pours bleach over head*

You know I'm kidding <3

Oh god, that image! *continues pouring bleach over Marik* Ahhhh much better. I know what you mean though mate. I can manage 3 or so miles at the moment and at the end I'm *ahem* a little tired ;) I need to do more. I've got a nice route set out now that has hills and straights and lasts a good 20 minutes.

Damn I need to lose some weight and get fit...

That's all, just thought I'd share that with you :p

Well done - keep at it, it gets easier! I got back on the bike about four years ago, and couldn't really sit down after my first decent run - I was on cushions for two days. Things got much better quite quickly!

I have always gone for baggies rather than lycra though. Despite dripping mud and sweating, I've found baggies make you generally more acceptable in cafes along a route. The budgie smuggler look is not well accepted :eek:

and your fone......... :naughty: no escape muhahahahahahahaha/cough

I've never had a problem in lycra :shrug: Had a bit of an off a few years ago in baggies though when I managed to get the pocket of the shorts caught on the nose of my saddle.

Just a wee bit of advice. When some people get into the regime of getting fit the uneducated say that you need to train daily. This is totally incorrect for weight loss and will simply result in you being over tired. This will kill your self motivation and you will never lose weight and become fit. I would recommend a good tough 20 minute cycle every other day over the next 2 weeks. Follow this by simply adding a light 10 minute run before your 20 minute tough cycle or add 15 minutes to the cycle. Do this for another 4 weeks. You will notice a healthy weightlosss and you will feel generally fitter.

THIS ONLY WORKS IF YOU EAT THE RIGHT FOOD.

For example, I eat high fibre cereals in the mornings, following by a chicken sandwich at lunch (light or no mayo!) for dins, just eat healthy and try not to eat anything after 7, just drink water if your hungry.

Good luck bud.

Dan.

EDIT: I do this every 4 months or so and continuously over the down season (rugby). For me it works great.

If you want min..........i can locate and send pictures of matty and marcel sans lycra :puke:, but if it floats your boat.....i'm happy to help

you can pass by all means......but i write a great letter to emigration offices ;)

:LOL: Busterboy
Well dome Marcel that 3miles, 1750 yards more that I can do :D

Well done Marcel, and I hope you can sit down ok.

oh I can certainly sit down. The first thing i did when I got the bike was to replace the seat with a comfy granny type seat, gel padded. £30 quid that seat cost me at the time, but was worth every penny.

The one I got with it was like cheese wire, cutting me in two. V. painful :p

Back