just done my first wedding

Name
Rik
Edit My Images
Yes
and its a big hats off to all you pro wedding togs out there :) much respect for you guys i never ever ever wanna do a wedding again lol

Regards

Rik

What was so bad about it fella?

They are hard work to begin with, and even harder if the wedding party or location is uncooperative!

But yes, let's hear it from the OP what happened to put them off...

I've done 3 weddings for family and what's wrong is the doubt of your own ability and the responsibility that goes with it. I'm with Rik on this.

Paul

I've done 3 weddings for family and what's wrong is the doubt of your own ability and the responsibility that goes with it. I'm with Rik on this.

Paul

I have found it harder to do it for family than to do it for money.

Paul

It took me about a year full time to not come away from each wedding thinking I was a total loser and dreading seeing the images, assuming they would all be rubbish. It gets better.

Duncan

I love shooting weddings. I have nightmares before each one about the daftest things but come the day I have the time of my life. Last week's was a great example, the weather was awful with rain, showers, and downpours. It was a marquee wedding in the beautiful grounds of a 16th c. gothic manor. There were plans for outdoor games of all sorts. We spent the entire afternoon in the marquee as the floor slowly turned into a paddling pool and nobody cared one bit. The b&g had the time of their lives and it was a privilage to witness such obvious love and happiness.

Here's a couple of shots from the day that I think capture the mood:

web_0978.jpg
web_1015.jpg

Now having said all that, I only do about one a month for one simple reason. I need variety to stay fresh and interested. If I was shooting 1 or 2 a week 40 weeks a year I know I'd get bored and end up seeing them as objects in a production line - that's not to say togs who shoot weddings full time are like that, it's just how I'd be.

I'd like to see what Rik came away with, I've always wondered what it would be like doing a first wedding.

And Pxl8, wow, awesome shots. You really got some awesome very real emotion in those.

Mick.

Shame about the weather an dits impact on the background. There's the odd hand that seems to have crept into each shot.

Those 2 shots are brilliant and you my have a gift for this most difficult area of photography,however as one who has done weddings on and off for over 15 years I do agree that some days it can be hell on earth

as soon as ive edited the 6gb of pics i came away with i'll post some of the better ones and in the light of day they have'nt come out as bad as i though

but the bad points for me were

everyone seems to be stressed until they have had a few pints and tipsy people seem worse than stressed ones

the responsibility bit of it is the worst for me as im doing it for friends i was so worried about cocking up and them not having any pics from their special day

thats about it really i was really glad when i could put my camera away and have a drink and relax a little

maybe its not all bad but still a big hats off to you pro guys i wont be stealing any clients off you lol :)

Rik

rick. little hint. even the pro togs use a small proportion of what they took on the day.
you have to , to some extent, shoot at speed. so even the best of em have
"out takes".
it can be realy hard work, but it does get easier with experience and practice.
oh , as someone else said. family are awfull to work for/with.
mark

Back