Juvenile Sparrowhawk

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
Agree with, Wez...these are superb, and the flight shot is very good with the tail and eye being bang on the focal plane.

Do you have any in portrait orientation?

NO! I don't believe so…

I heard of the sharp vision of the hawks but I don't think it has
anywhere near the resolution nor the crisp of your gear! Groovy!
;-)

Super shots Roger. Were these at Slimbridge ?

We are hoping to visit again while all the winter birds are still there but the weather is not looking too hopeful at present

stan

A super set Gramps of my favourite bird.
I especially like 1, 2 and 5.... and number 3 made me smile (y)

Thank all, comments appreciated :)

Agree with, Wez...these are superb, and the flight shot is very good with the tail and eye being bang on the focal plane.

Do you have any in portrait orientation?

Thanks Andy, I don't generally do portrait, though of course it's easy to change them. :)

Super shots Roger. Were these at Slimbridge ?

We are hoping to visit again while all the winter birds are still there but the weather is not looking too hopeful at present

stan

Yes Stan, Slimbridge again ... there are a lot of birds there currently.
As you can see from the images there was some light drizzle today but generally not too bad and well worth visiting :)

fabulous imvho

Excellent Roger (y).....is it playing dead in the 3rd? :D

Thanks all, comments appreciated ... lovely to get it settled like this :)

NIce set, love no3, any idea why it twists its head like that?

I don't have any idea why he did it, maybe due to the drizzle? No idea really :thinking:

Thanks Paul, it was great to get the opportunity :)

Lovely set Roger- I am not at all jealous :exit:

Les :D

Thanks Les, it made a change from the many other 'muddy' shots in the dismal light and cloud reflection :eek:

Thanks Wez ... I've got an open mind at the moment :)

That works

The last thing to consider is a crop…

A crop is applied when…
1, a compositional decision is made
2, an irreparable presence is in the frame
3, when a shot is integrated in a layout or other final use.

Thanks Jan ... certainly an unusual pose :)

Thanks both :)

Thanks Tom :)

Excellent set, nice to see the pose of photo 3, very un-usual.

Very nice Roger lovely clean BG and very sharp, do you use waterproof cover when out in rain with that combo? I know it's weather sealed but always worries me as so much money

Very nice Roger lovely clean BG and very sharp, do you use waterproof cover when out in rain with that combo? I know it's weather sealed but always worries me as so much money

Adam, if I'm going to be out in the open in the wet, (very rarely, as much for me as the kit!), I have a large waterproof that covers the entire camera and lens but this was taken from inside the hide and hence there was no risk to the kit. However I often walk around in light drizzle and never overly worry about the kit as it is 'pro' design, I just wipe it over as I get the opportunity and the lens has a neoprene kit fitted as standard :)

Back