Karl's Photo52 for 2011***WEEK 2 ADDED***

Name
Karl Vella
Edit My Images
No
I'll try my best to do all the 52 weeks even though I'm a bit busy this year because I'm getting married :bonk:

Last edited:
Any comments/suggestions/critics are more than welcome.

Week 1 - Accommodation....

5336589207_a47276129f_b.jpg
[/url] Week 1 - Accomodation by karlvell, on Flickr[/IMG]

Week 2 - New

5357703368_3be1031aee_b.jpg
[/url] Week 2 - New by karlvell, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:
I like the composition of this one, and the sunlight in the background makes me long for the warm weather to come back!

Luckily in Malta we don't have as much cold as the rest of Europe :clap:

This image caught my eye as soon as I saw it. Beautiful colour, very good use of DOF and good composition. Excellent separation of subject and background.
I really like the warm colours. Was that end of day evening light?

Great start to your 52 (y)

Many thanks Patrick for your encouraging comments. I took the photo at around sunset with my baby lens ... 85mm f/1.8 :)

The colours are amazing! You are lucky having weather like that!

just uploaded week two theme... NEW...

Looking forward to receive critiques, comments and suggestions :)

Love the week 2 shot,was also thinking on those lines but no models!
Personnally I'd I have like to see the flower more in focus & possibly a slightly stronger color but that's proabaly not what your aim was. As it is it sort of exudes romance & tenderness (if you know what I mean)(y)

Congrats on your forth coming nuptuals as well:)

Love the week 2 shot,was also thinking on those lines but no models!
Personnally I'd I have like to see the flower more in focus & possibly a slightly stronger color but that's proabaly not what your aim was. As it is it sort of exudes romance & tenderness (if you know what I mean)(y)

Congrats on your forth coming nuptuals as well:)

Apart from photography, apparently I need to improve my English as well... I had to search what "exudes" means... :shake:

I wanted to emphasise on the NEW aspect of the photo, so I thought that to meet the theme of this week I had to focus on the engagment ring and throw the rose out of focus in the background. This is also a reason why I went for a sort of black and white image rather than having a coloured one (you know that the rose is in the background, but it is not 'distracting' the engagement ring)

The image was not shot as originally planned, but my beautiful, calm, patient and understanding love of my life suggested that I include a rose in the background. I have to say that I really like the out of focus rose.

Ooops,no offence meant Karl .It's a great shot .Just personal thing with the color. Looking at it again the rose is very close in color tones to her hand which is a nice touch .& it's a gorgeous ring :)

No offence taken... was just explaining my idea behind the shot :)

About the ring... i was considering between buying it or the Canon 100mm f/2.8 macro... :shrug:... guess i have to wait for the new lens

PS... can you tell me how to change the name of my thread so that I include "Week 2 added"?

Think the ring over the lens may have been a wise choice ...lol

To edit the original thread name I went in to edit on my 1st post ,clicked on advanced & that gives you the thread title which can you change .Hmmmm,not sure I explained that very well but it should point you in the right direction

Think the ring over the lens may have been a wise choice ...lol

To edit the original thread name I went in to edit on my 1st post ,clicked on advanced & that gives you the thread title which can you change .Hmmmm,not sure I explained that very well but it should point you in the right direction

Understood 100%. Many thanks!!

Maybe it's just the web conversion but I find the second image a little oversharpened... the lines of the hand against the black are a little staircase like... Not sure it needed the red comment either... but that's just my personal opinion!

Maybe it's just the web conversion but I find the second image a little oversharpened... the lines of the hand against the black are a little staircase like... Not sure it needed the red comment either... but that's just my personal opinion!

I didn't do any sharpening on this image... I don't know how to use photoshop correctly so I am hoping that I will learn it little by little during the course of the year. But yes... I guess the image would have looked better if the lines of the hand were softer.

What do you mean by being staircase like? I thought that the hand was positioned in a natural position.

The red comment - I thought I included a quotation to add that little extra to the image and opted for red to portray a little love... Would you have opted for no quotation at all or quotation with a different colour?

Looking forward to receiving more comments...

Forget the staircase comment... Im on my monitor at home and it looks a lot better... my work Dell must be pretty low res... but i've never noticed an issue with it at all. What I meant by staircase like... is when you oversharpen a silhouette outline you often get what was the diagonal outline of the hand pixelising to look like a mini staircase...

I just personally find the comment a bit naff! But hey that really just is me... some people will love it... some will hate it! I maybe should not have said anything... sometimes my mouth is too big. I personally would not have included it!

BTW... now im home and on my apple monitor... I like the image and the hand is perfect as is!

Back