Kdot's Photo 52 - Self Added

Keri - how have I missed your thread :) I will catch up in due course on all your shots but can I just say sorry and how great your communications shot is - cleverly conceived and superbly executed! Crystal clear and so on theme :)!

Fantastic work. Really like what you have done for Communication. I think the borders around the photos really make it. The photos are quite interesting too..making me want to spend a bit of time looking at each one.

Fantastic work. Really like what you have done for Communication. I think the borders around the photos really make it. The photos are quite interesting too..making me want to spend a bit of time looking at each one.

I agree. The eye's drawn to the central shot but then you really want to look at each individual shot, and I found myself 'identifying' the form of communication in each one. btw - I like the pigeon post one!!

Well done and a big (y)

Jean

@Karma : I wasn't convinced that was the best shot to be the centrepoint, so thanks for the confirmation.

@Dark Star : No worries - there's plenty of '52' threads to get through!! :)

@Kiwi Jaz : Again, wasn't sure, as there are plenty of different options, but decided to KIS, so as not to distract from the shots.

@Jeangenie : The pigeon shot is a 'library' shot - said pigeon frequents my parents garden on a regular basis :LOL:

@Shorty & Toothie : Thanks.

Well pleased by the reaction all - a nice end to a **** week!

I know I promised more effort after a few 'point and click' shots, but a family bereavement has knocked me back this week, and my Plan A shot didn't work out due to technical limitations of my available kit. Hence, Plan B below...which isn't the most inspiring of shots, especially given the subject matter! ;)

4123232050_976e5c3a57.jpg

I quite like it. I have a thing for purposely underexposed or overexposed photographs, so it appeals to me! It forces me to study the photograph for a bit longer as opposed to just scanning it. (y) from me :)

I thought it was just a black box at first - and was thinking "what a kop-out!!!!"....

"technical limitations...." haha......

anyway once I'd adjusted my set I can actually see something....like the way your head is floating ;)

Theres a shot that makes you look, and look again!

Interesting shot there...I'm in two minds :) but the look and look again factor is winning em over :)

Sorry to hear about your bereavement and I hope alls well with you and yours!!

So sorry to hear about your bereavement. My best wishes to you and your family.
I completely understand why photography hasn't been top of your priorities this week, so my respect to you for getting a shot in.

Communication : great idea. I love the composition of this and it sums up the theme brilliantly. And I totally agree that the pen makes the most striking image for the centre piece.
All in all it's worked really well and gets a big (y) from me.

Self : An interesting composition and good eye contact with the camera.
I like the barely there, moody feel - it's just a bit too dark for me.
Just a little brightening to bring your face out a touch more for me please.

I'm so sorry about your family bereavement, and hope you can get through the next few weeks.

Communication: very nicely composed and put together. (y)

Self: ermm...I'm afraid I can't see a thing on my monitor. :thinking: I may try adjusting it later.

My sympathies to you and yours on your bereavement. :hug:

You've done so well to still get your shot in - and perhaps the underexposure reflects your sombre mood. I had to look carefully (I must clean my monitor), but I really liked what I saw. It's very subtle and nicely judged. :)

Jean

Sorry to hear of your loss...

Communication, sorry I missed this, I love what you've done here. They all fit well, and the strong shot in the middle works excellent.

Self, very clever... I was wondering what you'd posted to start with, especially given your news, I'm not sure I'd have been bothered with getting a shot for the 52 in your shows. Once I'd adjusted my position to the lappy LCD it became clear. I really like that, an excellent interpretation, very subtle.

Sorry to hear your bad news...:(

Your shots just a bit too dark for me, but having said that I can't help looking at it to try a get more information from it... so from that point of view it works well...(y)

Like Dark Star says, it's one of those shots where at first you think hmm, not sure, then keep going back for another look. So IMHO that makes it a great and interesting picture :clap::clap::clap:

Sorry to hear about your loss and hope to see you back here soon. :hug:

Thanks Bruja. To be honest, it's more work issues than anything else that are keeping me 'at bay' at the moment. I've been so rushed trying to get shots that in most instances, they've been nothing more than snapshots, and not worthy of everyone else's efforts. I'm still here and kicking...I will catch up! :)

Back