kenko teleconvertes

Name
al
Edit My Images
No
considering buying the Kenko teleplus pro 300 1.4 dgx and want to make sure it will work with my sigma 100-300 f4. I own a nikon d3200 camera. anyone have the answer

anyone have the answer

No compatibility issue as they offer full interface
line up for all major brands of bodies and lenses.

IDK. Years ago it didn't matter what the brand was. It either communicated or it didn't. These days it seems to be more complicated. I have to use the Sigma TC's on my Sigma 120-300/2.8 and the Nikon TC's on my 400/2.8 VRII G. If I try to mix them I get all sorts of inconsistencies and hunting.

Otherwise the teleplus pro 300s are good TC's IME. But I haven't used/compared one in close to a decade I'm guessing.

Im not so sure about full compatibility with all cameras.
I have a Canon 5D4 and 80D. using the mention TC (canon fit obviously) i get strange exposure results with my Canon 70-300L. None of my other lenses produces this issue. The Exposure meter reads dead centre but the actual exposure can be anything up to 2 EV brighter. Its very random. If i take full control of the camera its fine, but i have to ignore the metering display.
I also have a 650D and had a 5D3 and both were spot on with the same lens/TC.

Personally I would use a Sigma converter on the 100-300mm f4 as they are matched pair. I have the same lens for Pentax (really is a superb performer, for the life of me I have no idea why they stopped making it) and it seems to work best with the Sigma TC.

Back