IMG_9713.JPG

IMG_9717.JPG

IMG_9718.JPG

IMG_9728.JPG

IMG_9801.JPG

Hope you liked, TFL.

Mitch

wow wow wow wow wow!!!!!!

4 is absolutely fantastic! Not saying the rest arn't!

Well done kid!

Simply superb. :clap:
Glad you got the blue the correct colour this time. ;)

Once again...absolutley superb. (y)

OMG, Mitch!! :eek: :eek:

These are just SUPERB! These would be the best thing I'd ever done... are they yours??

No words to describe them............... :shrug:

Very nice Mitch, cracking sequence (y)

#'s 2&3 could make quite a nice piece of art. ;)

GO AWAY - makes everything I do seem a waste of time! Wonderful series.

:eek: You lucky thing! And ... well, WOW!

Very VERY nice Mich (y)

Thanks everyone, I never thought that photography could give the buzz that taking these shots gave me this morning, I drove home like a maniac and my hands were still shaking when i put the card in the reader. Your comments are the icing on the cake.

Mitch

Thanks everyone, I never thought that photography could give the buzz that taking these shots gave me this morning, I drove home like a maniac and my hands were still shaking when i put the card in the reader. Your comments are the icing on the cake.

Mitch

I'm guessing from this comment and everyone else's that getting kingfisher shots is a b****** to do? :)

Well done Mitch! :clap:

Mitch

Mitch you have every right to be shaking mate.(y)

If you don't mind me saying these are by far the best shots you have ever posted IMO of course..:clap:

What a find, You lucky man..:p

Fantastic shots. I can only agree with all the compliments above, except that I don't think that luck comes into it.

My guess is that it took a lot of patience, and then you had to be skilled enough to get good shots, not just ordinary shots of a lovely bird catching fish.

Now perhaps you'll take that silly chip(monkey) off your shoulder ... :cautious: ... and come join the real world ... :D

Stunning Mitch ... :eek: ... absolutely superb set of images the like of which I don't think I have seen outside an Auntie Beeb Nature programme ... :clap: ... well done you ... ;)

But there must be a story to go with this little lot and in your haste to tease yourself with all of our superlatives you clean forgot to mention what it was ... :shrug:

So spill the beanz m8 ... :thinking:

Oh and one of those shots has the colour of yesterday's ... :shrug: ... well they can't ALL be perfick ... can they ... :LOL:

:p

Brill Mitch.

:clap:

:clap: You've got that one nailed there Mitch! Top work. I liked the Kingfisher shot the other day, but it could be improved a lot (Too heavily cropped), but this set is spot on! Number 1 and 4 are my favourites. Ive spent hours sitting in hides this month waiting for a Kingfisher to turn up, so I can fully appreciate how happy you must have been when you shot these. Ive only managed to spot it briefly once this month, but it was way to far away to even bother trying. What lens were you using? 300mm f2.8 with a 2XTC?

excellent set of pictures,
well done Mitch
superb composition, exposure, DOF, everything
not jealous at all! (a lot) (y)

Absolutely stunning Mitch. No other words come close.

I'm guessing from this comment and everyone else's that getting kingfisher shots is a b****** to do? :)
Indeed! Just seeing one is something, but then the trick is getting close enough to get shots where the Kingfisher isn't just a dot in the frame. There are plenty of reserves and places where you can go with a chance of seeing Kingfishers, but usually the hides and viewing positions,, are positioned at a distance for the birds' comfort, so as not to disturb them. To approach close enough to really have a chance you need to be licensed under The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981, and these licenses aren't given out lightly - you'd almost certainly have to be a pro wildlife tog to get one.

Even with a 600mm lens and all the teleconverter options, you could fail to get the shots Mitch has here, and the fact that the shots with the fish are behavioural ones puts them in another class altogether. ;)

WOW! Now that's a fantastic group of shots.

I spend a fair amount of time at Elmley RSPB, and local parks that have lakes or rivers, and I've only ever seen 1 Kingfisher, once, so to get a series like that, and as CT said in a such a natural state, is fantastic!

Well done that man! :clap:

Absolutely stunning Mitch . the one bird everyone would love a photo of and you have achieved it (y)

Thanks again everyone.

I had a lucky free morning yesterday due to late material delivery so i popped back to Strumpshaw Fen same spot as Sunday and waited for nearly two hours before he showed up and gave myself and the Warden a 15 minute display, In that 15 minutes i filled 2 x 2 gb cards with Raw images,with no more memory i had to leave but not before watching him catch 3 more tiny fish.

All taken with 300 2.8 + 2x convertor using hide windows as a rest.

Here's a near miss and a close crop showing the size of fish he was mainly catching.

Power dive
IMG_9707.JPG

Tiny starter, it took him several minutes to kill and eat the Perch in the later shots.
IMG_9708.JPG

Thanks again.

Ps. You asked for it Ven :D

Indeed! Just seeing one is something, but then the trick is getting close enough to get shots where the Kingfisher isn't just a dot in the frame. There are plenty of reserves and places where you can go with a chance of seeing Kingfishers, but usually the hides and viewing positions,, are positioned at a distance for the birds' comfort, so as not to disturb them. To approach close enough to really have a chance you need to be licensed under The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981, and these licenses aren't given out lightly - you'd almost certainly have to be a pro wildlife tog to get one.

Even with a 600mm lens and all the teleconverter options, you could fail to get the shots Mitch has here, and the fact that the shots with the fish are behavioural ones puts them in another class altogether. ;)

Thank you CT for the comprehensive answer.(y)

And Madmitch....last one...Holy s***!!! :clap:

(y) you lucky thing!!!!!!!!!! i never seen a kingfisher :(

Ps. You asked for it Ven :D

:LOL: ... indeedy I did ... (y)

It is always a nice touch to have the story behind the images ... :thinking: ... especially when they are as simply stunning as those Mitch ... :D

So :ty: for taking the time ... and for sharing your experience with us ... ;)

And ... just think of what extra shots we have missed by you not having enough memory with you ... :cautious: ... close shave or what ... :bonk:

:p

Agree with what everyone else has said. Are you still grinning like a Cheshire cat? :LOL: these really are special shots, and for you to get the little fella with a fish too :eek: Shot #4 stands out for me. Well done :1st: :clap:

:notworthy:

nuff said me thinks

dave(y)

Thanks again everyone,

Rayfin, that Andy Rouse site is brilliant cheers(y)

Ven, back tomorrow early start with 8gb, you don't get off that lightly.:D

Mitch

Back