Kingfisher 2 + 2

just come back from a week in suffolk and went to minsmere saw a kingfisher about 50yds away but flew before i could get him, your shots are an inspiration, its alright to see one but to get those sort of shots thats something else BRILLIANT

Thanks Geordieboy and Elvis. It's a great help when the Reserves hides are close to the fishing grounds.;)

Wow! Those are fantastic! :clap:

Shots like these inspire me to give feathered photos a proper go (once time and funds allow)!

I've only seen a Kingfisher once. I was in a canoe on a French river. I felt obligated to try to get a shot of it, but handheld at 300mm in a canoe on a fast-flowing river, well the results weren't pretty. :D

BM

No.1 "And he's going for the high dive!"

Looks like he got a perch, that must hurt swallowing a perch, they have really sharp spines.
Really cool shots, i tried at a kingfisher the other day but it just didnt work :(

Cheers, Joemuz

Looks like he got a perch, that must hurt swallowing a perch, they have really sharp spines.

That's why they swallow them head first... flattens the spines... Smart :clap:

Thanks Carole,Weggy and Joemuz,

It took him several minutes to kill the perch then he threw it up in the air caught it head first and swallowed. (y)

never even seen one so it's a treat seeing these :)

i see them often, last knight i saw one and heard them calling every few minutes as i go fishing when i have any free time :) Im addicted to it i love it :)

Thanks for looking Joe, i gave up fishing for photography and i get as big a buzz out of getting a good shot as i did when catching a big fish. (y)

You seem to be getting rather good at capturing these critters. Well done.(y)

Thanks Lammie, i know have 360+ shots of the same bird but still can't get the one where he hits the water :bang:

Have you tried the scuba diving method and wait under the surface for him to enter the water.;)

Thanks Gerry,Baggs and p3ryg.

Hi Gerry, nice to see you on TP, I think i met you guys at the Fairhaven trust on the Sunday whilst looking for their Kingfisher and it was only 3 days later that i found the friendly Kingfisher at Strumpshaw Fen.

Mitch

How on earth did I miss this thread first time around. Absolutely stunning Mitch. Well done.:clap:

Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom

Edit : What the hell is this all caps anti filter jiggery buggery wotsit? :(

It is the noise that the Kingfisher made when he was gobbling those fish. Say it out loud, go on. In a deep voice. Quickly.

Note : Kingfishers may not make this noise!

Back