Kingston Elite Pro 133x Speed CF - £7.99 inc postage

Thanks mrgubby we have ordered 2 ,fingerscrossed that we get them at that price (y)

I dont see why you wouldnt, i got two 16gb ones for £35.98 from them with no problems about 3 weeks ago.

I dont see why you wouldnt, i got two 16gb ones for £35.98 from them with no problems about 3 weeks ago.

just that we ordered CF cards a while back from another site (cheap) but price was wrong and they said they ran out...refunded our money

Aah right, i had no problems with 7 day shop and the cards have been fine as well (touch wood).

I would try mymemory i think they may be even cheaper there :)

My Memory £9.00 Ordered 4 off 7Day never had trouble with them.
(crossing fingers] (y)

Just ordered some. Thanks for the heads up.

just ordered thx :)

Why are they so cheap compared to SanDisk? Have people used them before and are they reliable?

will hav e to order some of these

Why are they so cheap compared to SanDisk? Have people used them before and are they reliable?

Ive used SD ones in the past with no problems, Kingston are quite a good brand from what i know and i've never known anyone to have problems with them, i think Sandisk are probably just more well known :shrug:

Last edited:
Ive been using 16GB ones in my 50D with no problems (yet!), admittedly i back up the images regularly and format it in the camera regularly as well. Only time will tell i suppose.

These are absolute rubbish - have a look at the 16GB thread regarding these (http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=102360&highlight=kingston)

They cause all sorts of problems,and are no where near 133x speed.

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/camera_multi_page.asp?cid=6007-9550

Kingston Elite Pro are way down the list compared to decent 133x ones... these are cheap for a very good reason IMHO.

Rather sweeping statements !. The 16GB Kingston CF cards seem to have a problem with Nikon cameras :shrug: (probably can't handle the noise ;)) but work for everybody else

I've compared the Kingston (16Gb) x133 cards against Sandisk Extreme (4Gb) III 30Mb's on my setup using HD Tune and had the following results

Kingston => 24.9 Mb/s
Sandisk => 23.7 Mb/s

I don't know what speed x133 is meant to be but as the Kingston are as fast as Extreme III (30Mb/s) they'll do me

Rather sweeping statements !. The 16GB Kingston CF cards seem to have a problem with Nikon cameras :shrug: (probably can't handle the noise ;)) but work for everybody else

Really? The chap who started the other Kingston bargain thread would dis-agree

"Mine works fine in the 1D mkII but I get some corrupted shots with the MKIII. Only managed to try it out last weekend so wasn't aware till then."[/i]

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=1156363&postcount=21

I personally think these are cheap for a reason, and I would not trust my data with such a "bargain"

Each to his own ;)

Just received ours this morning so will be trying them out this weekend .Thanks MrGubby (y)

just taken a few quickies with the card in my D200 and all seems fine and pretty fast
I didnt get the transfer rate but just downloaded 120mb in 25 seconds so yes they are pretty quick and didnt lose any quality

_DSC0005.jpg

downloaded 120mb in 25 seconds so yes they are pretty quick and didnt lose any quality
[/IMG]

No, thats not quick. Its less than 5 megs a second. Even decent 40x brands are twice as fast ;)

Have a look here:

They are barely faster than microdrive.

I really don't think these are good cards - they are WAY slower than advertised, and unreliable.

I'll be honest - I have a real bee in my bonnet about these cards - having being burnt, but they just are not what they are claimed to be.

No, thats not quick. Its less than 5 megs a second. Even decent 40x brands are twice as fast ;)

I'll be honest - I have a real bee in my bonnet about these cards - having being burnt, but they just are not what they are claimed to be.

Honest Puddleduck, I'm not stalking you ;)

Dangermouse1964 5 Mb/s is pants, my 16Gb Kiingston x133 give me 25Mb/s. There must be something wrong with your PC/USB interface/Card reader or the card itself

I looked at the reviews on 7day and plumped for a Dane-Elec.

anyone lese having poor results, i have 2 of these on order but dont use a card reader so i cant test them!

Have a look here:

They are barely faster than microdrive.

I really don't think these are good cards - they are WAY slower than advertised, and unreliable.

How can you judge if they are any good if you have not tried them yourself, there seems to be many people commenting that they are satisfied with these and having no problems, myself included
Have you actually tried them or are you just going off second hand accounts. Don't knock until you tried it...:)

I received mine last monday and tested it with burst mode on my
40D against my current 4gb Sandisk extreme III (30mb/sec).

I didn't experience any slowness with the kingston.

Just done a quick test .... 80mb of raw files downloaded straight from card to folder

First from my built in £3.99 hong kong special ___10 secs
Second my built in reader on printer___________1 min 35 secs:LOL:
Eileens expensive reader_____________________7 secs(y)

Not brilliant but ok in my eyes for the price and they are stable as I used one last weekend with no probs(y)

Transcend 133x 32gb cards are back in on 7day.
Only £53.99 if you buy one but buy 2 or more and its even cheaper.
Im gonna a couple when i get paid next month.

I bought a Sandisk 16 Gig Extreme III (30 meg version) for about £57 delivered last week (which I was pleased with), the Transcends look very good value!

-Andy

I order 2 of the kingston ones on the 30th jan - dispatched on 2nd feb , still not received

We havent had post for ages and special delivery guy was around today fro something for the wife. nothing for me :(

My order for a Transcend 8gb sdhc dispatched on the second arrived today (class 6 £10.99)

Back